Chandigarh Engineering College (CEC) proves to be an engineering college commenced in the year 2003 under the prior commitment and guidance of Chandigarh Group of Colleges, and since then has been a pioneer in offering quality engineering and technical education all the way long. The college has gained accreditation from NBA, has been approved with an AICTE mark for its educational infrastructure and belongings under the affiliation from Punjab Technical University. The college offers Undergraduate (B.Tech) level courses in the field of Engineering, IT and Computers along with Masters Course (M.Tech and MBA) in Engineering and Business Management.
- Campus Interviews are organized frequently to provide job opportunities to the regular and the ex-students of this college.
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked 35th in Science & Engineering category as per outlook survey in the year 2008.
- College campus has 9 hostels for boys with a capacity of 814 students.
- Separate hostel for girls, with a very limited accommodation of 100 seats.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Library has 23,000 journals.
- Library has a rich collection of books on science and technology including chemistry, mathematics, physics, Mechanical engineering, civil engineering, computer science, electrical and electronics engineering, Industrial Production engineering .
Community Radio :
- Various transport facilities are available to reach our college from any location of the city.
Sports & Recreation :
- An innovative step towards better education started by students and faculties in the electronics department.
Otehr facilities :
- Campus consists of a playground
- An Indoor Basketball Court
- Volleyball grounds
- T.T tables and a Tennis Court which encourage students to participate in different sports.
- College also organizes Inter department and Inter college tournaments.
- A bank
- State Bank of India
- A Post Office and a well equipped Guard House
- NCC cell
- Dr. P.K.Jhinge, Ph.D. (Principal)
- Mrs. Savitri Patel - (Head Clerk)
- Prof. R.C Agarwal- (Professor and Head of the Dpt. Of Mechanical engineering)
- Shri Prashant Kumar Jain, M.Tech.- (Head of the Dpt. Of Information Technology)
Jabalpur Engineering College previously known as Government Engineering College, established on 7 July, 1947 has a glorious past of providing quality education over past 60 years. It is one of the oldest technical institutions in India.
JEC Jabalpur is itself developed as a small township centered around Gokulpur and Ranjhi. It has a lush green campus of 255 acres, rich in natural flora and fauna, the nature has also bestowed its unique beauty to the college by providing a beautiful lake as its natural background. The campus is well connected to the city, around 6 km away from the Railway station and about 8 km from local Bus stand.
JEC college's learning environment
- Learning environment of college embraces a self learning style of learning, which is an exploratory and independent style of learning.
- Students are also required to analyze and challenge ideas, concepts and issues and to present their own interpretations.
Scholarship & Prizes
The Central and state Govt. have sanctioned the following stipends and scholarship to ST/SC students :
- National Scholarship
- National Talent Scholarship
- Merit Scholarship
- Post-graduate Stipends
- Post Graduate Science by other states
- MCA Scholarship
- Scholarship Sectioned by other states
- Post metric Scholarship for ST/SC Students
- Merit cum Means Scholarship
- Merit Scholarship for Diploma-holders
- Scholarship for handicapped
- Scholarship for OBC students
- All other Scholarship sponsored by different institutions and persons
- Scholarship for Children of Landless Agriculture laborer