- One of the oldest Universities in India
- University has been recognized by the UGC as the "University with Potential for Excellence"
- State of Art infrastructure
- Qualified faculty
- Good placement record
- Academic collaboration with Oxford Brookes University
- Coaching assistance for Civil Services Examination as well as other competitive examinations
- Panjab University has its own placement cell to provide placement assistance to the students
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked number one in India and in the bracket 226-250 internationally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2013-2014 powered by Thomson Reuters.
- Ranked number one in India and 13th in the Times Higher Education BRICS & Emerging Economies Rankings 2014.
The Panjab university offers separate hostels for boys and girls which can accomodate around 5900 students. Various facilities provided are:
- Dining hall
- Visitor's lounge
- Indoor and outdoor games
- 24 hours internet connectivity
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Health Centre
- Sports Facility
- Well equipped library
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Pushpinder Sayal
- Rana Nayar
- Surbhi Goyal
- Gunita Randhawa
- Jeewan Kumar Sharma
- Sukhdev Singh
- Pankaj Malviya
- Established in 1882 Panjab University is a University of national character by virtue of its age, experience, achievements and philosophy.
- It has attracted students and faculty from all over the country and abroad. The main campus at Chandigarh is spread over 550 acres in sector 14.
- It has more than 75 teaching and research departments and around 188 affiliated colleges.
- Some of the best scientists and academicians in arts and humanities are appointed as faculty. It has student exchange program with British Council, University of Manitoba, Simon Fraser University. It offers various courses at under graduate, post graduate and doctorate level.
Panjab University has academic collaborations with the following universities for student exchange program:
- Oxford Brookes University
- European Law Students Association
- British Council
- university of Manitoba
- Simon Fraser University
|HOSTEL FEE (To Be Charged Quarterly) |
| ||A1 ||Hostel fees for three months @ 375/- p.m. / @ Rs. 355/- p.m. from SC/ST students) as detailed below: |
| || ||Rent (Not to be charged from SC/ST students vide Syndicate para 5, dated 09.12.1992 ||Rs. 40 p.m. |
| || ||Water Charges (If the bill is higher it will be distributed equally amongst the residents of hostel/s) ||Rs. 45 p.m. |
| || ||Electricity Charges (If the bill is higher it will be distributed equally amongst the residents of hostel/s) ||Rs. 290 p.m. |
| ||A2 ||OPTIONAL CHARGES |
| ||A2.1 ||Parking Charges || |
| || ||Scooter/Motorcycle parking charges ||Rs. 70 p.m. |
| || ||Car Parking Charges ||Rs. 200 p.m. |
| ||A2.2 ||Additional Facility Charges || |
| || ||Desert cooler ||Rs. 200 p.m. |
| || ||Desktop Computer ||Rs. 150 p.m. |
| || ||Laptop ||Rs. 100 p.m. |
| ||A2.3 ||Lift Charges || |
| || ||Lift charges (wherever lift facility is available) ||Rs. 130/- p.a. |
| || ||Lift Maintenance charges (wherever lift facility is available) ||Rs. 15 p.m. |