- 1st Energy & Core Sector University in the Pan Asian region
- Approved by UGC & NAAC accredited
- Only Asian University to receive the prestigious World Oil Award
- Industry focused specialized programs
- Excellent Placement record
- Industry alliance with IBM
- Emphasizes on all round development with curricular and co- curricular activities
- Separate placement team
- Due to its domain specific approach, this institute has always been the ideal preference for several companies paying a visit to the campus
- As a matter of fact, almost 85% of students from the 2011 batch were placed in more than 200 leading edge national and international companies
- It is due to the very efforts of the institutes placement group that students get placed in these eminent companies
- Infact, a close interaction between the placement team and the various company executives has given way to a tremendous placement record for the upcoming 2012 batch as well
- Across the 3 colleges in UPES - Management, Engineering and Law, the students have already been placed with some of the top notch companies in core sector
Top Recruiting Companies
UPES has always been the first choice of preference for many top leading companies. These companies with great salary packages hire students from this institute. To name a few:
- Adani Energy Ltd.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- Cairn Energy India Pvt. Ltd.
- North Delhi Power Ltd.
- Reliance Energy Ltd.
- CESC Ltd.
- NYK Line Pvt. Ltd.
- Jindal Industries
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- Indigo Airlines
- Jet airways
- Kingfisher Airlines Ltd.
- J M Baxi
- Kotak Global Logistics Ltd.
- GAIL (India) Ltd.
- Newsco Asia
- Power Exchange India Limited (PXIL)
- Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
- Drive India
- Sabre Holding
- E-Value Serve
- Oxylane Group
and many more.....
Rankings & Awards
- UPES Awarded The "Best Global Education / Training Provider 2008" by Getenergy, UK
- Best Innovative University Award 2013-Presented At Assocham Education Excellence Award
- Best Managed University Award 2013-Presented By Competition Success Review
- B-school with innovation leadership award 2010-Awarded by b-school affairs at suntech,Singapore under the category of Asia's best B school awards
- Outstanding Petroleum University awarded at the 11th Annual World Oil Awards 2012 by World Oil Magazine and sponsored by Gulf Publishing Company at Houston, Texas USA
- B-School with Excellent Industry Interface 2010 by B-School Affairs at Suntech, Singapore under the category of Asia's Best B-School Awards
- Best B-School with Excellent Industry Interface 2009 at Dainik Bhaskar B-School Leadership Awards
- UPES provides limited in-house hostel facility on first-come basis for boys at Dehradun
- The hostel have a modern mess which is hygienic and well maintained
- Multi storied food court that serves hygienic and nutritious food
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Mentioned below are some of this institute's key highlights that makes its infrastructure click:
- UPES has strives to bestow world class infrastructure and quality teaching services to its students. This is quite evident from the novel mode of edification that it employs.
- The institute stands out of the crowd because of matchless features and benefits that it endows
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Promotes curricular and non - curricular activities, through excellent infrastructure
- More than 60 technical & non technical labs
- Multimedia Enabled modern lecturer theaters equipped with LCD/DLP Projectors, computers, and wireless microphones
- 100 Classrooms
- It can accommodate over 250 students
- Well stocked library with 40000 volumes of publications & 250 Journals
- Advanced Computing centre with 300+ students seating capacity
- Indoor and outdoor Sports & Recreation facilities
- Separate hostel for boys and girls
- Multi storied food court that serves hygienic and nutritious food
- Dr. OM Prakash - B.E, M.Tech, Ph.D
- Dr. Raj Kishore Tripathi - AMIE, M.Tech, Ph.D
- Dr. Anirban Sengupta - B.E, MMA, Ph.D
- Dr. Nikhil Kulshrestha - M.A, PGDBM, Ph.D
- Dr. Tabrez Ahmad - B.Sc (Hons), DIM, LL.M, Ph.D
and many more....
- A statutory institute, UPES was incorporated in the year 2003 through an act (UPES Act, 2003) of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand
- The institute is acknowledged as India's first ever Energy University and also Asia's first and lone Energy & Core sector university
- UGC approved and NAAC accredited university
- Delivers more than 47 graduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs to over 5000 learners in the high growth sectors
- Various subject areas include the following programes:
- Oil & Gas
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- The institute's Centre for Continuing Education (CCE) and Centre for Aviation Studies (CAS) delivers executive programs in distance correspondence mode for working professionals
- The College of Management & Economics Studies (CoMES) at UPES delivers BBA, MBA and Ph. D. programs with number of specialization streams
- Over its 10 years of establishment, it has transpired as a world-class institution that stands devoted to developing super specialized, ready to deploy managers and engineers for the industry
- It aims at providing training, research, consultancy or outreach services in Energy & associated areas
- Furthermore, UPES has become the choice of preference for learners and corporates in the Energy and Core sectors
The University is a first of its kind university in the Pan Asian region. Given below are some facts and features pertaining to this institute:
- First Indian Energy University recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956
- First Indian Energy University accredited by the Energy Institute, UK
- First Indian Institution to offer 47 specialized programs across Oil & Gas, Power, International Business, Electronics, Information Technology, Transportation, Infrastructure, Logistics & Supply Chain & Multidisciplinary sectors
- First Indian Energy Institution to set up an in-house Bio-Diesel Laboratory
- First Indian University to implement SAP for its operations
MBA Programs on Offer at UPES
- MBA Aviation Management
- MBA Business Analytics
- MBA Energy Trading
- MBA Infrastructure Management
- MBA International Business
- MBA Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- MBA Oil & Gas Management
- MBA Port & Shipping Management
- MBA Power Management
- Master in Energy Economics.
Listed below are some of the names of UPES's National and International associates:
- Indian School of Petroleum & Energy
- The Energy Institute, India
- Institute of Air & Space Law, McGill University
- University of Waterloo
- Centennial Energy Institute, Centennial College
- International Trading Institute, Singapore Management University
- Russian-Indian Scientific and Technological Centre
- Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, University of Dundee
- Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
- University of Oil & Gas, Ploesti etc