- Deemed University
- A Grade NAAC accredited
- Excellent placement record
- Academic MOUs signed with Institutes and Multinational Industries
- State-of-the-art facilities with latest curriculum
- Scholarship and fee concession to meritorious students
- Qualified faculty
Thapar University has its own Center for Industrial Liaison and Placement (CILP) which imparts placements to its students by inviting various Public and Private sector organizations.
Activities of CILP-
- Campus Recruitment Programme
- Project Semester Placement of students
- Summer Training Programme
- Industry Institute Interaction
- Continuing Education Programme
|Academic Year ||Companies Visiting TU ||Number of students placed |
| || ||Single Offer ||Multiple Offers ||Total Placed ||Total Offers |
|2007-2008 ||132 ||337 ||273 ||610 ||0907 |
|2008-2009 ||120 ||425 ||144 ||569 ||0718 |
|2009-2010 ||164 ||668 ||169 ||837 ||1019 |
|2010-2011 ||176 ||642 ||211 ||853 ||1068 |
|2011-2012 ||164 ||755 ||181 ||936 ||1118 |
|2012-2013 ||177 ||824 ||128 ||952 ||1084 |
|2013-2014* ||090 ||572 ||094 ||666 ||0763 |
Top Recruiting Companies
Following is the top recruiting companies-
- ABB Ltd.
- ABC Ltd.
- Adobe Systems India Pvt. Ltd.
- Agnity India
- Akash Institute
- Alstrom Projects India
- Amdocs India
- Asia Motor Works Ltd.
- BIG FM, Patiala
- Deloitte Consulting
- Four Soft Ltd.
- Fiserv India
- Goldman Saches Service (P) Ltd.
- Google India
- HCL Infosystems Ltd.
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd.
- IBM India Pvt. Ltd.
- Idea Cellular Ltd.
- Informatica Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Jonson & Jonson India Ltd.
- Larsen & Tourbo Ltd.-ECC
- Lovely Professional Universtity
- Maruti Suzuki (I) Ltd.
- Microsoft India
- Nestle India Ltd.
- Rayat Bahra Group
- Samsung Engg. Ltd.
- Sapient India
- Sharda University
- Siemens Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Trident Group
- Wipro Technologies
- Whirlpool of India Ltd.
- Winshuttle Inc.
- Yahoo R&D
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked 18th among Best Engineering Colleges in Country by India Today 2013
- Ranked 2nd among Participating Private Engineering Colleges by CSR 2013
- Ranked 6th among Top Engineering Colleges of Super Excellence by CSR 2013
Thapar University has 6 boys and 3 girls hostel with the following facilities-
- Well maintained mess
- Reading Room
- Common Room
- Indoor game courts
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Thapar University has state-of-the-art infrastructure with the following facilities-
- Well stocked library
- Well maintained lab
- Central Workshop
- Extra curricular activities
- Sports facilities
Following is the top faculty-
- Shri Sudhir Mohan Trehan
- Shri J.S. Neerav
- Dr. K.K. Raina
- Shri I.P. Anand
- Shri S.K. Khandelwal
Established in 1956, The Thapar University was formerly known as Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- It was granted autonomous and the status of a Deemed University in 1985 by UGC
- Offers Post-graduate and undergraduate programs in Engineering, Science, Management and Social Sciences
- TU is ranked amongst India's top technical universities by independent research organizations
- The Thapar University is one of three organisations located in the 250 acre
Departments and schools
The university comprises eight departments and five schools-
- Biotechnology & Environment Sciences
- Chemical Engineering (CHED)
- Civil Engineering (CED)
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSED)
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering (EIED)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECED)
- Mechanical Engineering Department (MED)
- Industrial Engineering(IE)
- Electronics Engineering(EE)
- L. M. Thapar School of Management (LMTSOM)
- School of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- School of Behavioral Sciences & Business Studies
- School of Mathematics & Computer Applications (SMCA)
- School of Physics & Materials Science (SPMS)