- UGC recognised
- Accredited by NAAC
- State of art Infrastructure
- Sprawling 1100 acres of land
- Zero Tolerance Policy Towards Ragging
- Quality education to meet challenges
- Highly experienced faculty
- Introduction of new technologies in teaching and research
- Separate training and placement cell
Rankings & Awards
- Bangalore University ranks 13th in the list of 50 top Universities in the Country.
- Bangalore University has identified halls of residence (hostels) for students
- The hostels attached to the Central College and to the University Visveswaraya College of Engineering
- Fortunately for Bangalore, philanthropists have set up a number of hostels in many parts of the city and many students live in these hostels.
- There are seven university hostels on the Jnana Bharathi campus in which students studying in different faculties reside. While men students pursuing master's courses reside in four hostels,
- There is a hostel exclusively meant for the College of Physical Education, and another for the students of Department of Civil Engineering.
- A separate hostel for women students is also functioning on the Jnana Bharathi campus.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- University Library : Library Building is built on star modular structure enabling each sections to function independently The Library is kept open on all working days from 8a.m. to 7p.m.
- Canteen: To ensure strength, good health and well being of the student community, nutritious meal is provided. This enables the students to be on campus and continues with their academic and self developmental activities.
- Student Strength: Population of over three lakhs, is accommodated by the University, to provide access, expansion and excellence in higher education.
- Sports: The Bangalore University has facilities for the promotion of sports among students. To name few, athletics, swimming, hockey, football, volleyball, cricket etc., apart from indoor stadium which caters to the needs of students in table tennis, badminton, fitness center/yoga.
- The University offers an alternative exam for the sports personnel who participate in the National and International competitions during the regular examination of the University.
- Dr. N. Prabhudev Chairman
- Sri.N.Sampangi Faculty Member
- Sri M S Manoj Kumar Principle
- Dr. N.H.Manjunath Professor
and many more...
- Established in July 1964
- Bangalore University is located in the Garden City of Bangalore.
- The University has successfully completed 47years of fruitful existence and has come to be hailed as one of the largest universities of Asia.
- The Bangalore University has achieved milestones by establishing MOU5 with Universities and Institutions of national and international repute.
- Cater to a student population of over 3lacs, the University is striving to provide access, expansion and excellence in higher education.
- The curriculum is designed as such to provide theoretical knowledge with practical skills.
- It inculcate right values among students while encouraging.
- The Institute also promotes leadership qualities among students with a belief in strong nation building.
Government of India Post-Metric Scholarships is available to students belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes. The following are the extracts of some provisions governing the sanction of these scholarships.
- Subject Scholarships One for each class for the student who scored highest marks in the subject in the previous qualifying examination is available.
- Government of India national Merit Schnolarships for top ranking students is administered by the Director of Collegiate Education.
- Special Scholarships for Children of Government Employees/University Employees who die in harness, administered by the Director of Collegiate Education or the University as the case may be.
- Endowment Scholarships, administered by various endowments. Extract of Government Order No. SWDS BCA 95, Bangalore, Dated 01.09.1995 on raising income limit for free ships and scholarships