Punjabi University is a prestigious university imparting quality based education. The college came into function in order to cater the education needs of the region. The university has the potential for excellence and has its roots in the city of Patiala of the Indian state of Punjab. Punjabi University offer courses in the streams of science, designing and innovation, humanities, sociologies, performing expressions and games. It was built on the 30 April 1962, and is just the second college on the planet to be named after a dialect, after Hebrew University of Israel. Initially it was considered as an unitary multi-personnel showing and examination college, essentially implied for the advancement and enhancement of Punjabi dialect and society.
- Provides Placement Facility
- Students from different courses, faculty coordinators from various departments/faculties are associated with the central placement cell as "Single Point of Contact" (SPoC)
- Organize activities concerning career planning
- Act as a bridge between students, alumni and employers
- Guide the students in developing skills and job-search strategies required to achieve their career objectives
Top Recruiting Companies
- SBI bank
- TATA consultantancy services
- HDFC bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
and many more....
Rankings & Awards
- 'Best University in Sports' in the country
- Winner of 'MAKA' Trophy for 6 times during the last eight years
- There are four residential Hostels with 800 rooms for boys and three residential Hostels for girls
- The Hostels have all modern amenities for comfortable living
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- The famous Guru Gobind Singh Bhawan
- Guru Teg Bahadur hall
- Punjabi Bhavan
- Waris Bhavan
- Itihas Bhawan
- Audio-Visual Research Centre
- Metrorology Centre
- Science Auditorium
- Arts Auditorium
- Teaching blocks for Arts and Sciences
- University Library
- Punjabi Reference Library
- University Computer Centre
- Hostels for students
- Dr. Aruna Bhatia - M.Sc., Ph.D., PDF
- Dr. Neelam Verma - M.Sc., M.Phil, Ph.D.
- Dr. Praveen Pal Balgir - M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., PDF
- Jaspal Kaur - M.A.,Ph.D.
- Mohammad Idreesh - M.A., M.Phil.,Ph.D.
And many more.....
- Punjabi University was established on the 30th April, 1962 under the Punjabi University Act 1961.
- Second University in the world to be named after a language, the first being Hebrew University of Israel.
- Located about seven kilometers from the Patiala city, called the City of Gardens.
- Spread over about 316 acres.
- Three regional centres namely The Guru Kashi Regional Centre at Bathinda, The Guru Kashi Campus at Talwandi Sabo and The Nawab Sher Mohammad Khan Institute of Advanced Studies in Urdu, Persian and Arabic at Malerkotla.
- It has sixty-five teaching and research departments covering disciplines in Humanities, Arts and Sciences as diverse as Fine Arts, Biotechnology, Forensic Science and Space Sciences.