University of Rajasthan is an acclaimed university that enjoys the reputation of being one of the premier institutes of India delivering quality education since the inspection. Being established in the year of 1947 the university stands as one of the oldest universities of India. The college has its roots in the city of Jaipur of the Indian state of Rajasthan. The college has the potential for excellence imparting a new dimension to the education system of India making it all the more practical breaking the dull mundane.
Rankings & Awards
Hon'ble Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh gave recognition to this fact in his adress at the 91st Indian National Science Congress that "The University of Rajasthan leads among the top 50 Indian scientific institutions in citations per paper under international collaboration".
- The University of Rajasthan, established in the year 1947 as University of Rajputana is the oldest university in Rajasthan.
- The University spreads over 286 acres in campus at Jaipur.
- Linkage to International Universities.
- The University has 9 Faculties, 37 Departments and 18 Centres.
The Goals and Objectives
The Goals and Objectives
- Excellence in Education and Research
- To create, preserve & disseminate knowledge
- To impart higher education with quality and social relevance
- To inculcate amongst students a sense of discipline and dedication
- To pursue high quality research in diverse fields
- To give priorities to studies of frontier problems concerning national economy, social development and defense
- To emphasis interdisciplinary research
- To establish academic links and scientific cooperation with national and international institutions
- To create and strengthen of infrastructure through R&D projects
Aims of Teaching
- To develop an understanding of and skills in various modes of inquiry and of critical thinking and problem solving
- To provide a supportive environment
- To develop and demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the rich complexity of human experience in terms of both its convergence and divergence
- To develop and demonstrate an informed sense of thoughtful ethical choice and concerned community involvement
- To inspire students to explore accurate and useful knowledge
- To expand and enrich learning of students with a view to advance knowledge
- University Commerce college (Commerce Faculty)
- University Law College (Law Faculty)
- University Evening Law College (Law Faculty)
- University Maharanis college (Multi-faculty College for Women)
- University Maharajas College ( Science Faculty)
- University Rajasthan College (Arts and Social Sciences)