Acharya Nagarjuna University is a prestigious college which has its base in in the district of Namburu, Guntur in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is one of the significant colleges in the nation covering numerous universities and colleges in various districts of the region. It is found in Nagarjuna Nagar, Namburu on the Northern piece of Guntur City, a real habitat for adapting in the condition of Andhra Pradesh. The college happens to be an outgrowth of a post-graduate middle of Andhra University, which came into function in the year.
- Acharya Nagarjuna University has a separate placement cell that takes care of all the placement activities in the campus.
- Acharya Nagarjuna University provides separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
The University provides the following infrastructural facilities to students:
- 1,00,000 sq.ft area building to accommodate future development
- Wireless Wi-Fi connectivity between buildings
- Well stocked library
- Labs are equipped with IBM machines and Routers, switches and modems
- Modernization of engineering workshop around 9000sq.ft
- Spacious and well structured classrooms
- Drawing hall
- Conference room
Top faculty of the institute comprise of:
- Prof. V. Chandra Sekhara Rao - M.Com., Ph.D.
- Prof. V. Vivekavardhani - M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Prof. B.P.C. Bose - M.A., Ph.D.
- Prof. M.V. Ramkumar Ratnam - M.A., Ph.D.
- Dr. P. Rajasekher - M.A., M.Phil, P.h.D.
- Prof. M. Koteswara Rao - M.A., Ph.D.
- Prof. K. Sumanth Kumar - M.Sc., Ph.D.
and many more..
- Established in 1976,
- Acharya Nagarjuna University was inaugurated by the former President of India, Sri Fakruddin Ali Ahmed.
- Began its operations with only 10 post-graduate courses and today the university has set benchmarks in the field of education.
- Established by Act 43 of 1976 of A.P. State Legislature and Governed by Act 4 of 1991 covering 6 Universities of the State
- Currently, it offers post-graduate education in 47 courses
- The university has two post-graduate centers one at Nuzvid, Krishna District and the other at Ongole, Prakasam District
- 39 Academic Departments
- 450 affiliated colleges offering Under-Graduate, Post-Graduate, Engineering, Education, Law, Pharmacy and Oriental Languages courses