Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University is an esteemed organization that came into function in the year of 1985. The process of foundation was followed by the Government of Andhra Pradesh by introducing act in the Legislative Assembly. The university was granted UGC recognition under 2 (F) and 12-B. The college has been honored by getting accredited with grade B from National Assessment and Accreditation Council. The University at present undertakes 16 Courses at Certificate, Diploma, undergraduate and Post Graduate levels in specific territories like Performing Arts, Language, Writing, Journalism, Astrology and Culture.
Top Recruiting Companies
Top recruiting companies of the institute includes:
- Press Academy of Andhra Pradesh
Rankings & Awards
- Visishta Puraskaram: PSTU Honours one great personality every year with this award from the fields of literature, Art and innovators in any area of knowledge
- Pratibha Puraskaras: This award is presented to ten eminent persons in the fields of literature, arts and social service for Research and Criticism, Poetry, Dance, Painting, Music, Theatre Arts, Folk Arts, Avadhanam, Panditulu(Sanskrit) and Novel or Story
- Bejawada Pattabhi Ramireddy Memorial Award for Creative Literature
- Tikkavarapu Ramireddy Memorial Award for Research
- Bulusu Bucchi Sarva Raidu Memorial Award for Humorous writing
- Illindula Seetaramarao Saraswathi Devi Memorial Award for Biographies
- Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University offers separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls in Hyderabad.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Potti Srerramulu Telugu University provides following infrastructure facilities to its students:
- Well stocked Library
- 265 seated Auditorium
- Seperate hostel for boys and girls
- Sri. Rameshwar Thakur-Chancellor
- Prof. A. Bhoomaiah-Vice Chancellor
- Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University is one of the few language universities in the country.
- Established as "Telugu University" on 2nd December 1985 through an Act of Legislation (Act No. 27 of 1985) with head quarters at Hyderabad and campuses at Sri Sailam and Rajahmundry.
- In the year 1989 the Siddhendra Kalakshetram at Kuchipudi merged with the University
- The School of Folk and Tribal Lore was established at Warangal during the year 1994
- This University was founded with the broad objectives of serving the cause of the Telugu people, both within the State and outside
- The University was established to function as a central organization for teaching and research in Language and Literature, History and Culture, Fine Arts and Performing Arts, religion and philosophy of the Telugu speaking people
- PSTU strives to inculcate a sense of identity in them as citizens of India and as responsible representatives of Andhra Pradesh
- Renamed as Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University in the year 1998
- The University Grants Commission has recognized the University as fit to receive financial grants since 2nd May 1990