Bharathidasan University (BDU) is an esteemed university that is known rendering excellence in the field of education since the beginning. The university has its roots in in the city of Tiruchirapalli in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The university encompasses couple of affiliated colleges having their roots in the states of Nagapattinam, Perambalur, Pudukkottai, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur and Tiruchirapalli. The college renders excellence and stands as UGC recognized and self-finance and self-governed university.
Bharathidasan University has 8 hostels out of which 4 are for girls and remaining 4 are for boys. Hostels are equipped with following facilities:
- Adequate water facility
- Recreation centre
- Playing ground
- News papers and magazines
- Dining hall
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Bharathidasan University provides following infrastructural facilities to students:
- Central Workshop
- Health centre
- Guest House
- Staff Quarters
- Post Office
- Communication Facilities
- Electricity and Lighting
- Vehicular Parking
Some of the top faculties are:
- Dr. (Mrs.) P. Geraldine Veronica Vimala Rani Professor & Head M.Sc., M.Phil.
- Dr. G. Archunan Professor M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Dr. K. Emmanuvel Rajan Professor M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Dr. B. Kadalmani Assistant Professor Ph.D. (Zoology), M. Phil. (Zoology), M.Sc. (Zoology)
- Bharathidasan University established in February 1982, and was named after the great revolutionary Tamil Poet, Bharathidasan (1891-1968).
- The University's main Campus was initially located in a sprawling area of over 1000 acres in Palkalaiperur.
- The University is an affiliating one with the jurisdiction over the eight districts of Tiruchirappalli, Pudukkottai, Karur, Perambalur, Ariyalur, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur and Nagapattinam.
- Has 4 Faculties, 16 Schools, 34 Departments and 11 Specialized Research Centres
- Offers 177 programmes including 40 PG programmes
- Apart from regular programme it offers 15 UG and 26 PG programmes