Utkal University is the oldest university in Odisha and the 17th oldest university in India located at the heart of the capital city Bhubaneswar. It is a teaching-cum-affiliating university that has produced some of the best brains in Odisha. There are at present 26 post-graduate departments at the university campus for studies and research in various disciplines of Science, Humanities, Business Administration, Social Science, Law, and Commerce. There are nearly 3,000 students in the post-graduate departments at Vani Vihar. This is the largest affiliating university in the country with 267 affiliated general colleges, 15 law colleges, 6 medical and pharmacy colleges.
- Separate placement cell
- Arranges employment opportunities for the students perusing studies in different Post Graduate programs in the university.
- The activities of the Placement Cell include :
- Preparation of the database of corporate and other institutions across the country
- Preparation of database of students studying in different Post graduate programs in the university
- Liaison with business leaders and senior managers in reputed companies
- Timely follow up and finalization of schedules for campus recruitment drives
- Organizing campus recruitment drive for eligible candidates
- Conducting Pre-Placement workshops & industry interaction programs
- Career counseling
Top Recruiting Companies
- Bank of Baroda
- United Bank of India
- Coal India
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Mahindra Satyam
- Apollo Hospitals
And many more....
- Separate Hostel facililty is available for boys and girls.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Guest Houses
- Student Council
- Computer Center
- Gymnasium and club
- Student Accomodation
- University Health Center
- Dr. P.K.Sahoo-Financial Management
- Dr. P.K.Mohanty-Human Resource Management
- Dr. N.C.Kar-Financial Management
- Dr. J.K.Panda-Financial Management
- Dr. S.Jena-Organic Chemistry
- Dr. P.Mohanty-Inorganic Chemistry
- Dr. G. C.Pradhan-Inorganic Chemistry
- Dr. P. K.Sahoo-Organic / Polymer Chemistry
And many more......
- Established in 1943
- Located on a sprawling 399.9 Acre area in the heart of BHUBANESWAR
- Campus was laid by Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India on 1st January 1958
- Largest affiliating University in the country with approximately 267 affiliated Colleges
- University has twenty-seven Post-Graduate teaching and research departments located within the campus and three constituent Institutions, viz. Directorate of Distance and Continuing Education, University Law College at Vani Vihar and M.S. Law College at Cuttack