The University of Madras is a prestigious university imparting best of the quality education. The college is known as Madras University and functions as a public state university. The college has its base in the city of Chennai of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.The college came into function in the year of 1857 and enjoys the reputation of being one of the oldest and most acclaimed universities of India. The university incorporates 68 teaching and research departments grouped under 18 schools, covering languages, humanities, science, technology and medicine. The university has been accredited with 'five star' by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
- Active and dynamic placement cell offers placement assistance for the final year students
- Separate hostel facility for boys and girls is available in the campus
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Well-stocked Library
- Sports facility
- Well-equipped Laboratory
- Dr. K. Murugesan Professor Dr. K. Murugesan
- Dr. N. Mathivanan Associate Professor
- Dr. N.Gautham Professor
- Dr. S. P. Mohan Professor and Head
- Dr. A. David Ambrose Professor and Head
and many more...
- Established in the year 1857 by Lord Elphinstone, its the mother of almost all the Old Universities of Southern India
- Among the five Universities in India to receive the special status of University with potentials of Excellence from the University Grants Commissions, New Delhi
- University has been growing from strength to strength while widening its teaching and research activities
- Geographical jurisdiction for academic activity spreads over three Revenue Districts of Tamil Nadu covering about 20 million people
- University Department of study and Research which have 68 Departments spread over in 4 Campuses organised into 18 Schools which offer Post Graduate Courses in respective specialisation part time and full time Ph.D. Programs, Diploma and Certificate Programs
- Accessing the need for educating large number of the people in the Country, the University offered both under Graduate and Post Graduate education through the Institute of Correspondence Education of the University of Madras
- The University offers a range of scholarships and other financial assistance to all its students.
- The University of Madras has 48 Endowment -Fellowship / Scholarships. Apart from SC/ST, BC/MBC and National Merit scholarships many other scholarships are available to the students of the University like Dr. A.L. Mudaliar Silver Jubilee Endowment Scholarship of Rs.5,000/- each to 40 final year Post Graduate students. Students who are economically weak scholarships of Rs.5,000/- is given per year.