- Autonomous Institution
- State-of-the-art Infrastructure
- Scholarship to meritorious students
- Conducive environment for the personal and intellectual growth
- Industry-relevant curriculum
- Placement assistance provided
- Highly experienced and well qualified faculties
- Anti-Ragging Campus
The institute has an active Training and Placement cell which places its students in various organisations
The University provides seperate residential accommodation to boys and girls
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Computer Center
- Moot Court
- Sports facility
- Prof. Arun kumar - (Department of English)
- Prof.Amar kumar - (Department of Hindi)
- Dr.Asha singh - (Department of Economics)
- Dr.Prabhakar Jha - (Department of PMIR)
- Dr.Udar Jha - (Department of Chemistry)
and many more.....
- Patna University was established in the year 1917 and it functioned as affiliating and examining body for over 30 years.
- On January 2, 1952 it was converted into a purely teaching -cum-residential University with the territorial jurisdiction over Metropolitan Patna.
- It is one of the oldest Universities in the Country.
- In Bihar it is the first, and in the subcontinent, it is the seventh oldest University.
- The University buildings are located on the bank of River Ganges and in the second Campus i.e. Saidpur Campus.
- The Patna University has 31 postgraduate departments in the faculties of Science, Social Sciences, Humanities, Education, Commerce, Law and 10 constituent colleges, apart from Patna Medical College and Patna Dental College in the Faculty of Medicine whose management and control are with the State Government.
- The Vision for the Patna University is to transform the University into a modern 21st Century institution and a national centre of excellence
- Equitable access to quality higher education in Graduate, Post-Graduate and doctoral studies. Research and scholarship are integral to the education process. Service to society and the nation is the university's obligation and to share the benefits of its knowledge for the public good is its foundational ethic.
- Dr. Sri Krishna Sinha, first Chief Minister of Bihar.
- Dr. Anugrah Narayan Sinha,eminent nationalist & first Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar.
- Professor Ram Sharan Sharma, eminent Historian and scholar.
- Professor Ram Karan Sharma, eminent scholar of Sanskrit.
- Justice Lalit Mohan Sharma, former Chief Justice of India.
- Mr. L.N. Sinha (Lal Narain Sinha), Attorney General of India (1979-83).
- Balmiki Prasad Singh eminent scholar, Indian Civil Servant, and present Governor of Sikkim.
- Justice K. B. N. Singh, ex-Chief Justice of Madras and Patna High Court, as well as Governor of Madras and Bihar.
- Justice B. P. Singh, the former Judge of the Supreme Court of India.
- Papiya Ghosh, internationally renowned historian
- Shri Indradeep Sinha Economist, writer and veteran communist leader.
- Shri. Ravi Shankar Prasad, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India, Former Union Minister and BJP Chief National Spokesperson.