Manipal Academy of Higher Education is a name which does not seek any introduction as it is widely recognized on the grounds of its quality and credibility.Manipal University came into function in the year of 1953 and stands as a deemed university. The college has its base in the city of Manipal in the Indian state of Karnataka. It has over 28,000 students from 52 countries. The university has received certification from ISO 14001:2004 organization.
- Average Salary Package: INR 3 Lac p.a.
- Maximum Salary Package: INR 7.83 Lac p.a.
Top Recruiting Companies
- Le Mridien
- Jet airways and Kingfisher airlines
Rankings & Awards
- Manipal University Ranked No. 2 among Medical Universities in India, Times of India
- KMC, Manipal 4th best medical college in India, Outlook Magazine, June 2009
- MIT, Manipal 7th best private engineering college, Outlook Magazine, June 2009
- MCODS, Manipal Ranked no. 1 dental college in India Outlook Magazine, June 2009
- WGSHA, Manipal 7th best hotel management college, Outlook Magazine, June 2009
- WGSHA, Manipal No. 1 hotel management institutes in India, Competition Success, 2009
Manipal University has a separate hostel section under the management of Hostel Management Committee. This committee is headed by its Chairperson. The Chief Warden, MU, Manipal Campus who is the secretary of the Committee administers the day to day aspects of the hostel management at Manipal. All the hostels of the University are divided into three campuses. The hostels of medical, dental and para medical colleges at Manipal are grouped under Chief Warden, MU, Manipal Campus; the hostels of engineering, management and other colleges located at Manipal Institute of Technology complex are grouped under Chief Warden, MIT Campus; and the hostels at Mangalore Campus are grouped under Chief Warden, Mangalore Campus. Each hostel has a Warden from the teaching faculty of the colleges who is responsible for the discipline, maintenance of building, allotment of rooms etc. The hostel staff consists of caretakers/ block supervisors, other attendants and maintenance staff. The Manipal Servicecorp Facility Management Pvt. Ltd. (MSFM) looks after the maintenance of the buildings and other facilities in the hostels. There are messes located at different areas of the Campus combined and also separately for boys and girls.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Interact is a four-storey building with 16 classrooms and is used by the students of KMC, KMCIC, MMMC, MCOAHS and MCOPS and others for their lectures. Each classroom can accommodate over a hundred students.
- The seating arrangement is such that the students get an unhindered view of the faculty and teaching aids from all sides. All halls have public address system as well.
- 16 halls with all the facilities same as the Interact, Four of these halls can accommodate 120 students and the rest 90.
- Almost 30 lecture halls will be air-conditioned in the first phase and the remaining will be air-conditioned in the second.
- Well-furnished three separate conference halls on the ground floor of shell no. 2 are suitable for conferences, seminars and conventions etc. No.1 and no.3 halls can accommodate up to 250 persons each and no. 2 conference hall can accommodate 350. The three halls can be used concurrently.
- The main hall of the convention centre, situated on the first floor of shell no. 1, can seat 1760 personnel. It has a stage with a green room on either side. Special lighting and a sound system has been provided. Four guest rooms have been provided on the second and the third floors. Optical fibre sky lighting has been provided on the underside of the shell which glows like stars. The main auditorium is acoustically treated.
Dining hall and kitchen:
- The exhibition hall on the first floor of shell no. 2, with a plinth area of 15,000 sq.ft., can accommodate up to 850 persons. It has a separate emergency exit.
- The dining hall on the ground floor can cater for about 800 people with sit-down dining facilities for 300 guests. This dining hall has direct access to the kitchen (separate for 'V' and 'NV'), dish wash and hand wash areas with separate emergency exit. The kitchen and the dining hall are provided with smoke detectors and fire alarm systems. Separate service entry to kitchen from outside has been provided. The dining hall is centrally air-conditioned.
- Dr Ramdas M Pai - Chancellor
- Dr. H. S. Ballal - Pro Chancellor
- Dr Rajasekharan P Warrier - Vice Chancellor
- Dr. G. K. Prabhu - Registrar
Manipal, today, is a knowledge powerhouse and a brand name in higher education. Over five and half decades ago, one man, Dr Tonse Madhava Anantha Pai, had a vision which ensured that everything he did then, was consigned to posterity, making sure that generation after generation of students enjoy the fruits of his labour till eternity on this lateritic plateau. And the students will, forever, have one name on their lips, that of Manipal.
Manipal University is a name to remember, not just across the length and breadth of India, but worldwide. The fact that students from 52 countries are studying here is a testimony to this fame.
Manipal University believes in providing the finest in infrastructure and facilities to its students when it comes to learning and research. In fact some of the facilities, like the Innovation Centre, have served as a valuable incubation centre for industry and research. The state-of-the art innovation centre bridges the gap between university and industries for industrial academic research.
Awards & Achievements
- ISO 9001: 2008 and ISO 14001: 2004 certification
- Winner of International Asia Pacific Quality Award
- Winner of IMC- Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award
- FKCCI Export Excellence Award
- KMC Manipal ranked 4th among the best medical colleges in India*
- MCODS, Manipal ranked No. 1 among the best dental colleges in India*
- MIT, Manipal ranked 7th among the best private engineering colleges in India*
- WGSHA, Manipal ranked 7th among the best hotel management colleges in India
- 56 years in providing world-class professional education
- Deemed University since 1993
- Multi Campus Multi discipline University in India and abroad
- A pioneer in higher education in the private sector
- Campus spread across over 500 acres
- 264 courses offered across 14 professional streams
- Students from 52 countries
- 20 constituent institutions and 4 teaching hospitals
- 2400 faculty
- 6600 employees
- State of the art infrastructure
- One of the best anatomy museums in the world
- One of Asias best libraries
- Facilitates research through state-of-the-art research and incubation centres
- Fully networked Wi-Fi campus
- International collaborations
- International twinning programmes
- Students exchange programme from different countries
- Environment-friendly campus
Mission, Vision & Values
Be the most preferred choice of students, faculty and industry. Be in the top 10 in every discipline of education, health sciences, engineering and management by 2010.
Global leadership in human development, excellence in education and healthcare.
- Team Work
- Execution with passion
- Humane touch