- Accredited by NAAC with Five Star status
- Considered as Institution of Excellence by H. R. D. Govt. of India
- Financially supported by U. G. C. to conduct research activities
- Workshops and Seminars on various topics
- Experienced and qualified faculties.
The University of Mysore has a dedicated and enthusiastic placement center.
Rankings & Awards
Some of the Ranking and Award History of The University of Mysore are :
- Ranked as one of the top 20 Universities in Scientific and Research activities
- Awarded as University with Potential for Excellence by University Grants Commission
- Awarded special grant of INR 100 crore for establishing center of Excellence in Biodiversity, Bioprospecting, and Sustainable Development
The University of Mysore offers separate hostel facilities for Male and Female students with modern amenities and comforts.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Infrastructure and Teaching Facilities offered by University of Mysore to its students are :
- University Computer Center with upgraded computers for research activities and Industry oriented Education
- Coaching Center to train SC / ST or other backward class candidates
- International Center to offer global prospect of Teaching and Research activities
- Directorate of Student's Welfare for ensuring welfare of the students
- Emergency Health Care facilities to the students
- Sensitization to, Prevention of, and Redressal for Sexual Harassment in the University
- Sri Hansraj Bhardwaj, Chancellor
- Prof. K. S. Rangappa, Vice Chancellor
- Prof. P. S. Naik, Registrar
- Prof. Shrijay Devaraj URS, Registrar (Evaluation)
- Prof. M. Chandra Kumar, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Board
and many more.....
- Established on 27th July, 1916.
- An extraordinary institute promoting Education and Research activities in domains of Arts, Humanity, Pure and Applied Sciences.
- Genesis stems from a five year long in-depth reading and analysis on higher education across the globe.
- Mission is to laid down in the 1916 regulations published in the Mysore Gazette Extraordinary, aims at promoting teaching and research in conventional and traditional domains of Arts, Humanities, Pure and Applied Sciences and Professional disciplines.