- Gives equal importance to academics, relationships and faith in practice
- Amongst the best ranked universities
- Impressive alumni record
- Strong industry tie-ups
- Full placement assistance
The placement cell at Valparaiso University has been opening new corridors towards corporate sector. Students studying at this institute get employed in big companies like:
- Meryll Lynch
- Pepsi cola
- United nations
- Morgen Stanley
- Wolkes Wagen (as part of the study trips)
Students even get an opportunity of visiting countries like:
Rankings & Awards
Valparaiso University has been ranked as a leader among several educational publication reports:
- Ranked #5 for quality and #3 for value in the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report 2009-2010
- Ranked #3 for "Best Undergraduate Teaching (Midwest) by U.S. News & World Report 2009-2010
- Ranked #5 on U.S. News & World Reports list of A+ Schools for B Students.
- Valparaiso University's College of Engineering ranked by U.S. News & World Report 2009-2010 as one of the top 15 percent of U.S. institutions offering undergraduate degrees in engineering.
- Valparaiso Universitys Civil Engineering program ranked #7 in the nation among undergraduate engineering schools by U.S. News & World Report 2009-2010.
- Featured in Princeton Review's "Best 296 Business Schools"
- Barron's "Best Buys in College Education"
- Peterson's Competitive Colleges
- The Templeton Guide: "Colleges that Encourage Character Development"
Set way back in 1859, Valparaiso University began with a motive of providing premium quality education to its students. Within its 150 years of existence, Valparaiso University has extended its journey beyond classrooms and books. Every year more than 4,000 students from over 50 nations get enrolled at this university. Within its independent Lutheran environment, students gain spiritual experience. Moreover, at Valparaiso University they get to develop their leadership skills. Valparaiso University being a focused institute ignites the spark within each of its students so that they become thoughtful leaders with a flare and a difference.
Valparaiso University offers 5 colleges for undergraduates:
Some main highlights of this institute include:
- The College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Engineering
- College of Business Administration
- College of Nursing
- Christ College (honors college) as well as graduate studies and a law school.
For International Students
- The modern Harre Union (opened in 2009)
- Christopher Center for Library and Information Resources (2004)
- The historic Chapel of the Resurrection form at the heart of campus
The programs offered by this institute are responsive to the needs and interests of international students, and approximately half of the students enrolled out here are from abroad (current and former international students). They come from:
Some other highlights include:
- vory Coast
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Korea
- The United Arab Emirates
- Exposure to key elements of international commerce, policy, administration and law
- Business English component for non-native English-speaking students
- Wide range of course options that can be tailored to meet individual interests
- Access to the resource of the INTERLINK English language center
We have a tie-up with Concordia to recruit students for Engineering and Graduate courses from India.
Alumni making a Difference
Many alumnis from this institute have gone onto make it big in illustrious companies like:
- AIM Action News
- Bechtel Corp.
- Business Week
- Chapel School
- E! network
- Four winds hospital
- Lutheran Social Services
- Lutheran High School
- NES healthcare group
- New Dawn Assisted Living
- Our Saviour Lutheran Church
- Readers digest
- St.Charles Parish School
- U.S .Alliance FED credit Union
- T he Warburg adult care community
- West country BOCES