Padmashree Dr. D Y Patil College of Agri-Business Management is another esteemed component administered by and functioned under Dr. D. Y. Patil group in the year 2003, with an enlarged aim of imparting quality education in the genre of Agriculture Management and Cultivation professionally affiliated with Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapceth. The courses are recognized and certified and offer dynamic education in Agricultural management and administration.
Listed below are the institutes that D. Y. Patil College Of Agriculture Business Management has partnered with:
1. What are the eligibility criteria for admission to Bachelor of Business Administration in Agriculture degree programme? Ans: Students must have passed XII std. with 10+2 pattern from Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education or an equivalent Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics
2.What is the degree name and to which university it is affiliated? Ans:Bachelor of Business Administration in Agriculture [B. B. A. (Agri)] is the name of a degree programme. It is affiliated to Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri and approved by Maharashtra Council of Agricultural Education & Research, Pune. 3. What is scope for B.B. A. (Agri)? Ans: Students completing B. B. A. (Agri) are eligible for MPSC, UPSC Examinations, eligible for MBA, PGDBM, M.Sc. (Agri) admissions, Jobs in Department of Agriculture, State & Central Govt. and APMC, Managers / Officers / Executive marketing, production, administration, sales in agro-industry sector, Agribusiness / Agril. Officers / Finance managers in various banks, Commodity Trader of Agri. Produce, Executives in Agri. Import-Export firms, Wholesalers or Retailers of Agri-Input and Agri-Output sectors, Agri-Entrepreneurs, Agri Finance Sector
4. For which post graduate programmes, B. B. A. (Agri.) candidate is eligible? Ans: These degree students are eligible for MBA, MBA (Agri.), PGDBM, M Sc.(Agri.) in all subjects.
5. Whether one can get admission by applying to college directly. Ans: No, Centralized on-line admission process is followed by Maharashtra Council of Agricultural Education & Research, Pune through MKCL after declaration of XII Science result. Advertisement in this regard is published in majority of Marathi daily news papers in addition to Times of India.
6.Whether the actual field experience in Agri Business Management is imparted during degree programme. Ans: This is a four year full time Bachelor of Business Administration in Agriculture Degree Programme affiliated to Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri, Dist. Ahmednagar (M.S.). For the first three years class room teaching is conducted and in the last year; there are two programmes i.e. Experiential Learning and In Plant Trainning. During these programmes students are placed in various agro based industries, Agri allied Industries, Agril. Production Units and a various agricultural Institutions for practical experience / hand on training.
7.Is there a hostel facility in this college? Ans: Yes
8. If hostel facilities are not availed whether the alternate arrangement are available in nearby area. Ans: Yes,
9. What is an additional facility for the preparation of competitive Exams? Ans: Books and magazines in the library. Various seminars and lectures are arranged for this purpose.
10. Whether there are additional / grace marks for the subject like Crop Sciences /Horticulture / Animal Husbandry? Ans: Yes, there are additional 10 points (Percent) for the subjects like Book keeping and Accountancy, Crop Production, Animal Science, Crop Science.
11. Whether there is provision of marks for Agriculture land holder parents? Ans: Yes, those who hail from fishermans family or those who hail from Agriculturist family having land in his / her name or in the name of parent / grandparents (Paternal) as evidenced by 7 / 12 certificates or land less Agricultural Labour or Agriculturist certificate issued by the Tahsildar get 12 point (Percent) extra.
12. Whether there is provision of marks for land less agricultural labour? Ans: Yes, those who hail from fishermans family or those who hail from Agriculturist family having land in his / her name or in the name of parent / grandparents (Paternal) as evidenced by 7 / 12 certificates or land less Agricultural Labour or Agriculturist certificate issued by the Tahsildar get 12 point (Percent) extra.
13. Whether there is provision of marks for NCC, NSS students? Ans: Yes, those who hold NCC B or C certificate / Air / Army / Naval wings / N. S. S. for at least 240 hrs / Special Camp get 2 point (Percent) extra.
14. Whether there is provision of marks for sport participant? Ans: Yes, those who participate in District, State, National, International level tournaments / competition in games and sports etc. These students get 2 point (Percent) extra.
15. Whether there is provision of marks for son or daughter of employee of Agricultural Universities / MCAER? Ans: Yes, those whose parents are / were the employees of the Agricultural Universities / of SAUs and on deputation to Agricultural Universities or MCAER. These students get 3 point (Percent) extra.
16. What is the limit of additional grace marks in admission process? Ans: Maximum 20 points (Percentage).
17. What is the fee structure? Ans: Tuition Fee - Rs. 45,000 (To be paid equally in two semesters) Gymkhana and other Fee - Rs. 5,450 (Rs. 4250 for 1st Sem and Rs. 1200 for 2nd Sem) Caution Money - Rs. 1,000 (For 1 st year only and refundable) Rs. 51,450/-
18. What about scholarships? Ans:All the S. C. students receive scholarship equal to total fee. All the N. T. students receive scholarship equal to total fee. All the O. B. C. students receive scholarship half of the total fee. All the S. T. students receive scholarship equal to total fee. All the E. B. C. Students receive scholarship half of the total fee.
Sought higher education MBA (Agri.), MBA, PGDBM about 50 % students
Amongst remaining 50 % students, 100 percent placement through training and placement cell.