- The Honorable President of India, Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil is the visitor of the University
- Central University of Kashmir is UGC recognized
- Provides 100% placement assistance
- World class facilities for the students
Central University of Kashmir aims to provide 100% placements to its students in sectors like Manufacturing, Insurance, Construction, Media, Retail, Banking, Finance etc.
Accomodation for the students is provided by a 3 storeyed building located at the backdrop of a the scenic beauty of Kashmir. Some faciltiies includes:
- Well ventilated and spacious rooms with all the essential facilities and comfortable furnitures
- Well maintained Mess, Kitchen and Dinning Hall
- Students are also provided with recreational and sports facilities like T.T, Badminton, Chess, Carrom etc.
- Students can also sunscribe to local and national newspaper
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- CUK has an advanced Computer Centre
- Smart classrooms
- A well maintained canteen
- Modern library with a large collection of books, references, journals etc
- There is also an SBI branch and an ATM facility
- Moreover, Central University of Kashmir is planning to rennovate its campus with high security facilties like Integrated Security/Surveillance System like Biometrics, Electronic Intrusion Detection Systems, CCTV etc.
Instituted under the Act of Parliament in 2009 (No. 25), Central University of Kashmir, formerly known as Central University of Jammu and Kashmir, is one of the 16 new Central Universities established by the Government of India during the UGC XI Plan period. Founded recently, the central university in Kashmir plays an important role in enhancing and improving higher educational system in the state of Kashmir. Prof. Abdul Wahid is the current and the first Vice Chancellor of the university. Central University of Kashmir comprises of three schools, namely School of Business and Economic Studies (SOBES), School of Computer Science and Information Technology (SOCScIT) and School of Languages (SOL). The institute plans to introduce several other schools and departments offering short term and long term courses.
Upcoming Schools and Departments
- School of Undergraduate Studies (SOUS)
- School of Education (SOE)
- School of Social Science (SOSSc)
- School of Physical Science (SOPSc)
- School of Life Science (SOLSc)
- School of Environmental Sciences (SOESc)
- School of Legal Studies (SOLS)
- School of Media Studies (SOMS)