- Autonomous Institute
- Amongst the top 10 in QS Asian Elite global business schools ranking
- Highest salary package offered was around 56 lakhs
- Collaboration with International Universities
- Strong Alumni Network
- Faculty from International Universities/Institutes
- International standards of learning
Indian Institute of Management has separate and active placement cell which organises:
- Pre-placement talks
- In campus Interview
Top Recruiting Companies
- Deloitte Consulting
- Cadbury India Limited
- Yes Bank
- Aditya Birla Group
- AT Kearney
- Citigroup Global Markets
- Coca Cola India Inc.
- Deutsche Bank
- GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Hindustan Unilever Limited
- HSBC Global
- ICICI Bank
- Infosys Technologies
- Infrasoft Technologies
- ING Group
- Jaypee Capital
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Tata Administrative Services Ltd.
- TATA Strategic Management Group
- Tata Tele Services
- The Boston Consulting Group
- Wipro Technologies
and many more......
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked 56th in The Economist MBA Ranking 2012
- Ranked 18th in the Financial Times (FT) Masters in Management 2013.
- ranked as the number one management school in the country
- IIM has 25 student dormitories with a total capacity to hold about 740 occupants.
- Apart from the dormitories there are separate housing facilities available for married candidates.
- The dorms have ten single rooms on each floor arranged around a stairway and a tearoom.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Seminar hall
- Well equipped library
- IT infrastructure with more than 2000 nodes, 30 high end servers and 90 high end manageable network switches
- Wi-fi enabled campus
- SBI ATM (Main Complex)
- AXIS Bank ATM (New Campus)
- Extension Counter
- Post Office
- Walking/Jogging Trails
- STD/ISD calls from their rooms using telephone cards
- Promila Agarwal
- N Balasubramanian
- Rajesh Chandwani
- Naman Desai
- Established in 1961 was started with the help of notable individuals like Dr. Vikram Sarabhai and a few spirited industrialists.
- Second institute to be set up after IIM-C which was the first to be established.
- Comprises of 2 campuses- Heritage Campus and the New Campus.
- The heritage campus is spread across 67 acres while the new campus is achieved by extending the old camps by 39 acres with a 132' ring road connecting the two in lush greenery.
- Offers 130 programmes of varied duration along with 5 long duration programmes. Each year 800 full time students and 1500 executives are enrolled for pursuing courses.
- Has 60 partner Business Schools in 23 countries and 2 double degree programmes.
- The flagship programme is PGP a programme of 2 year duration with an intake of 381 students.
- Chicago Graduate School of Business, US
- Anderson School of Business, UCLA, US
- Stern School of Business (New York University), US
- Institut de Empressario, Spain
- ESSEC, France
- Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
Batch Profile 2012-14
The batch of 2012-2014 consists of a total of 381 students out of which 317 are male and 64 are female candidates. The average age of the students comes out to be 23 years and 74.80% of students had prior work experience. The maximum percentage (95.54%) of students belong to engineering stream. I: Student Profile: PGP 2012-14 Batch
II: Student Profile: PGP-ABM 2012-14 Batch
III: Student Profile: PGPX 2012-13 Batch
|GMAT ||717.14 |
|Total Work Experience ||10 year 5 months |
|International Work Experience ||2 years 4 months |
|Age ||34 year 0 months |
Boasts of having a number of well known and renowned people in its list of alumni:
- Sanjeev Bikhchandani, Founder and CEO, naukri.com
- C. K. Prahalad, Paul and Ruth McCracken Distinguished University Professor of Corporate Strategy at the Ross School of Business and author of The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid
- Raghuram Rajan, currently the Chief Economic Advisor for Government of India & former Chief Economist of the International Monetary Fund (20032007)
- M S Banga, Former CEO, Hindustan Unilever & Senior Partner, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice
- Ajaypal Singh Banga, CEO, Mastercard and former Chief Operating Officer Citi North America
- Suresh Vaswani, Chairman of Dell India and Executive Vice President of Dell services
- K. V. Kamath, former CEO & Non-executive chairman, ICICI Bank & Chairman, Infosys
- Som Mittal, President of NASSCOM
- Harsha Bhogle, noted Cricket commentator
- Chetan Bhagat, prominent Indian author known for books like Five point Someone, One night at a call center, Two States etc