- Ranked 16 by the QS Global 200 Business Schools Report in the Asia-Pacific region for 2012
- Crisil had rated SPJIMR as A*** B-school at the National and State Levels
- Partnership with IBM for research in Services Science and Management
- Strong Alumni Network
- Average salary package stood INR 16.13 Lakhs
- Collaboration with International Universities
- Prof. Abbasali Gabula-B.E,MBA
- Dr. Ajit Prasad-B.A,M.A,PhD
- Dr. Debasis Mallik-B.Sc,M.Sc,PhD
- Dr. Lata Dhir-M.A
- A graduate business school located in Mumbai, India. Founded by the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in 1981.
- One of the leading and premiere B-Schools of India in terms of placements, industrial interface and exposure given to its students.
- SPJIMR has persistently built on its unique strength of imparting high quality management education through pedagogic innovations, encouraging business-academia interface and emphasizing on its twin objective of Influencing Practice and Promoting Value based growth.
- It has acquired the reputation of meeting societal needs of under-managed sectors by offering unique, purposeful and relevant programs.
- Displays a differentiated approach across the entire academic flow of activities in higher management education.
Students from various universities visit SPJIMR to take courses with college participants. The exchange visits range from a week to a semester. Such diversity in a classroom enhances the peer learning experience and class interactions, besides giving participants a cross-cultural perspective. Some of the partner institutes are:
|Name of the University/College ||City ||Country |
|Schulich School of Business ||Toronto ||Canada |
|IESEG School of Management ||Lille ||France |
|Thammasat University ||Bangkok ||Thailand |
|National University of Singapore ||Singapore ||Singapore |
|Michigan State University ||Michigan ||USA |
Some eminent names in the list of alumni is as follows:
- Mr. Rajesh Jejurikaul, President, Zee Entertainment, [Class of 1986]
- Mr. Sudar Nagarajan, Director, Cognizant Technology Solutions[Class of 1989]
- Mr. Naimesh Dave, Director, OC&C Strategy Consultants, [Class of 1989]
- Mr. Arun Agrawal, Head, Institutional & International Banking, Yes Bank, [Class of 1992]
- Mr. Cherian Thomas,Senior Director-Advisory, IDFC, [Class of 1993]
- Mr. Viren Popli, Sr. Vice President, Star TV, [Class of 1994]
- Mr. Umesh Phadke, Country Managing Director, LOreal Thailand, [Class of 1995]
- Ms. Debjani Ghosh, Country Manager, Intel Malaysia, [Class of 1996]
- Mr. Jignesh Kamdar, Director, Aptivaa Consulting, [Class of 2002]
- Mr. Asad Kamal, Consultant, Mckinsey & Co., [Class of 2002]
Batch Profile 2012-14
The class of 2013 consists of 176 participants from diverse backgrounds. Many participants have excelled in industry roles with work experience in top global companies. The batch is divided into four specializations: Finance, Marketing, Information Management and Manufacturing & Operations. GENDER COMPOSITION: The batch comprises of a good mix of male and female participants. SPJIMR is the only top 10 Indian B school to have more than 35% female participants.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: Students from diverse backgrounds bring with them specialized knowledge and varied skill sets. The batch is further divided into academic groups during the course; these groups are formed based on their education background and work experience in order to achieve the best mix in terms of experience and diversity.
WORK EXPERIENCE: The batch includes fresh graduates as well as participants with 4 years or greater of work experience in the Industry. This fosters an environment of excellence where participants can add value to the course while sharing their thoughts on the basis of their experience and thus help in relating the theoretical concepts to the practical aspects in an organization.
Total Number of Visiting Companies:97
- S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research has separate and active placement cell .
- SPJIMR became the forst B-school tio complete 100% placement
Number of students participated:176
Average Salary:16.13 Lakhs Key Highlights:
61% of the batch had offers of INR 15 Lakhs and more
83% of the batch had offers of INR 13 Lakhs and more
Top Recruiting Companies
- Accenture Management Consulting
- J&J Consumer
- Colgate Palmolive
- General Electric
- JP Morgan
- Miebach Consulting
- Kraft Foods
- Edelweiss Capital
- Axis Bank
- Texas Instruments
and many more......
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked 15 by the Business Today 50 best business schools of 2011 in India
- Ranked 9 by the Hindustan Times's India's top 50 business schools of 2011
- Ranked 9 by the 2012 edition of CNBC-TV18's Top B-Schools in India
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research has separate hostel for both boys and girls.
- Hostel facilities include amenities like television, table-tennis tables, water filters and coolers, coffee vending machines as well as washing machines. Moreover, all rooms are networked and students are connected through a 24-hour Internet facility, SPINX, the Institute Intranet and messaging applications.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Spread over an expanse of 45 acres in the heart of Mumbai city. The campus though modest and humble, comprises of several renovated buildings with excellent residential facilities: Academic
1. Administrative Building and Lecture Halls The campus is equipped with all the modern amenities characteristic of a world-class educational establishment. 2. Library The fully computerized library offers 27 different types of learning media. With a collection of over 18,000 volumes including the most recent publications in diverse areas of business, economics and management, 150 foreign and Indian business journals and periodicals, audio-video cassettes and CD-ROMs. 3. Amphitheatre and Executive Training Centre The new and renovated air-conditioned state-of-the-art Executive Training Centre has a capacity to seat 40 participants and equipped with modern audio-visual training aids. 4. Information Technology Centre The IT Centre is equipped with state-of-the-art Client Server architecture with educational software and analytical tools including management games as well as computers, laptops, printers, scanners and projectors thereby encouraging its pedagogy of non-classroom learning. The e-learning facilities, which include comprehensive study materials also allows students to take tests online. 5. Sports and Entertainment: Sports and entertainment facilities include an Open Air Theatre, playing fields and jogging tracks
- A Lake
- Cultural Center
- Botanical Garden
- Institute of Holistic Health Sciences
- Events organized are SPJIMR Academic Conclave, Ojas, Sprint, Lock, Stock & Trade (LST), Gasp, Spandan.
- Options outside campus include posh Mumbai suburbs including restaurants, shopping malls, entertainment and recreation areas, hospitals and medical centers. The area is well connected with main express highways, easily accessible and close to Andheri Station.