- Declared as Institutes of National Importance
- Ranked 39 among Asian institutes in the QS World University Rankings
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Rich and latest curriculum
- Second IIT to be established in 1958 with assistance from UNESCO
IIT Bombay have its own placement cell which is responsible to provide world class job offers to the students in eminent industries and various public and private sector organizations. The placement cell of IIT Bombay has very impressive records which reveals about the earlier placements of the students in MNCs.
- The domestic salary offered to students of Indian Institute of Technology Bombay Rs 10.28 lakhs
Placement details by range of salary offered (2008-09 figures in bracket): Range of salary No. of companies No. of offers received Salary above Rs. 7.5 lakhs p.a.
71 (57) 336 (239) Salary between Rs. 6.0 to 7.5 lakhs p.a
. 42 (43) 169 (246) Salary between Rs. 4.5 to 6.0 lakhs p.a.
63 (43) 230 (165) Salary less than Rs. 4.5 lakhs p.a.
37 (29) 121 (134) Total
213 (172) 856 (784)
Top Recruiting Companies
Major IT companies hired students from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay last year.
- Amada Soft
- Analog Devices
- Ashok Leyland
- Bank of America
- Bharat Electronics Ltd.
- CAE Simulation Technologies
- Cisco Systems
- ICICI Lombard
- Patni Computers
- Tata Steel
- ITC Ltd.
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Ramco Systems
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked No. 39 among Asian institutes in the QS World University Rankings
- Ranked No. 3 by Outlook India in 2012
- Ranked No. 1 by Dataquest in 2011
- Ranked No. 1 among Government Engineering Colleges by Mint in 2009
- IIT Bombay offers separate hostel facilities for girls and boys
- It is a fully residential campus and offers fully equipped rooms for all the students
- The Institute has 13 hostels within the campus
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Central Library
- Well-equipped laboratories with state-of-the-art facilities
- application software cell
- IIT souvenirs shop
- Well-equipped, air-conditioned seminar rooms, conference halls and lecture theaters
Faculty is the backbone of the institute and it helps in the operations of the institute. Eminent and industry experienced faculty has been hired in order to provide students with best knowledge as per industry standards.
- Prof. D.K. Sharma
- Prof Devang Khakkar
- Prof. A.K.Suresh
- Prof. Ravi Sinha
- Established in 1958, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) is the foremost industrial leadership development institution of India.
- Since its inception it is considered as one of the centers of academic excellence in the country with dynamic progress in academic and research activities.
- It is best known for its reputed faculty and the outstanding caliber
- of students graduating from its undergraduate and Post graduate programs. It aims at providing best educational facilities to the bright students so as to make them masters in the field of technology & education.
- IITB also offers short intensive courses, seminars and conferences on latest technological developments to help the students in their growth.
- Advance Centre for Research in Electronics (ACRE)
- Computer Aided Design Centre (CAD)
- Centre for Aerospace Systems Design and Engineering (CASDE)
- Computer Centre (CC)
- Centre for Distance Engineerinng Education Programme,C-DEEP
- Centre for Environmental Sciennce and Engineering (CESE)
- Centre for Studies in Resources Engineering (CSRE)
- Centre for Technology Alternatives for Rural Areas (CTARA)
- Centre for Formal Design and Verification of Software (CFDVS)