- Ranked 4th in the Asia-Pacific region of the QS Global 200 Business Schools Report 2013
- IIMB students received 93 PPOs, 124 lateral offers and 43 international job offers in 2012
- Accredited by EQUIS
- IIMB's Career Development Services team won 'Best Placement Cell'
- Collaboration with National and International Universities
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore has separate and active placement cell which provide placement assistance to students.
The career development services office works closely with students to avail students' best placements in the industry
- Activities provided by the placement cell:
- Inviting companies to the campus
- Pre-placement talks
- Placement interviews
- Career support services
Top Recruiting Companies
- Bank of America
- Deutsche Bank
- Goldman Sachs
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Standard Chartered
- Swiss Investment bank
- Mahindra Group
- Hinduja Group
and many more.....
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked fourth in the Asia Pacific region of the QS Global 200 Business Schools Report 2013.
- Ranked 5 in the Asia-Pacific region by QS Global 200 Business Schools Report, 2012
- Ranked 1 in Central Asia by Eduniveral Rankings 2012 for the fourth consecutive year. Eduniversal also awarded it '5 Palmes', which is has awarded to only two B-schools in India.
- Ranked 2 in Top B-Schools in India by CNBC-TV18, 2012
- Ranked 1 in Top 50 Business Schools in India by Business Today, 2011
- Ranked 2 in Top 50 Business Schools in India by Hindustan Times, 2011
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore offers hostel facility to both boys and girls.
- There are 10 hostel blocks, one executive block and the executive accommodation at the Management Development Center, popularly known as MDC.
- All students are provided with accommodation on campus in well-appointed single room in the Institute hostels.
- 24 hours Internet connectivity
- Fully automatic washing machines
- Music room
- Recreation room
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Administrative Building and Lecture Halls The stone architecture of the academic and administrative blocks and the greenery surrounding it is ideal for intellectual pursuits of students.
- IIMB Library 55,000 square feet independent building with a reading area that can accommodate more than 200 users, IIMB library has a collection of 2.35 lakh documents and access to 72 e-resources.
- Auditorium It hosts major functions like guest lectures, convocation etc.
- Computing facilities Only fully Wi-Fi enabled campus. High speed Internet, highly resourceful intranet, sharing software, and internal messenger are available.
- Bank & Post office
- Travel Agency
- Medical Centre
- Citibank ATM
- Music room with good acoustics, electric guitars, bass, amps and a Tama drum-kit
- Sports Facilities include infrastructure for tsepak, soccer, cricket, tennis, basket ball, volley ball, throw ball, badminton, indoor games etc.
- Murali Agastya-B.A. Hons,Phd
- Rajendra K Bandi-BSc.
- Kausik Chaudhuri-Ph.D
- Pranav Garg-B.A,Ph.D
- Established in 1973
- Has several Centres of Excellence in various areas ranging from Public Policy and Corporate Governance to Insurance to Financial Markets and Risk Management. The N.S Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning is a catalyst for entrepreneurial activity and a well-known incubation centre for startup ventures.
- Has a carefully selected mix of students with diversity, and the largest Student Exchange Programme amongst all B-schools in India with several partner universities across North America, Europe and Australia.
- Has also been selected as Member of Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) - an honour awarded only to 178 B-schools worldwide.
- A 100-acre oasis in south Bangalore, IIM Bangalore provides an idyllic environment to engage in management studies, academics and learning with its all-stone architecture, world-class infrastructure, lush verdant woods and landscaped gardens.
- The pedagogy includes lectures and seminars, and highly interactive case-based and student-centered learning.
- Maintains its own Teaching and Learning Centre for Excellence that follows a proactive approach to the further development of innovative teaching and learning in management education based on sound research methods.
International collaborations and affiliations with 93 universities across the globe. Some of its partner institutes are:
Complete List of Partner Institutes
|Name of the University/College ||City ||Country |
|Yale School of Management ||Connecticut ||USA |
|National University of Singapore ||Singapore ||Singapore |
|Concordia University ||Montreal ||Canada |
|McGill University ||Montreal ||Canada |
|Technological University of Munich ||Munich ||Germany |
Nearly 40% of the batch gets a chance to spend a term at a Partner Institute. B-schools like the London Business School, GSB Chicago, Anderson School - UCLA, HEC Paris and close to 50 others in 26 different countries participate in the programme each year offering a total of 174 students to undertake a term of study at their campuses.
More about Alumni
- K. Radhakrishnan, Chairman of ISRO
- Mr Sonjoy Chatterjee, Chairman of Goldman Sachs India
- Arun Balakrishnan, Chairman & Managing Director of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Karan Bajaj, Author
- Nila Madhab Panda, film maker and director