- Consistently ranked among India's top five B-Schools
- First Indian B-School accredited by AMBA
- Continuous mentoring by industry professionals
- Placements in Top-Nortch Companies
- Strong Alumni Network
- Collaborations with International Universities
- Faculty Qualified from Top Universities
- Management Development Institute continues to be one of the top Indian B-Schools for companies to recruit.
- Over the years, the institute has consistently maintained a hundred percent recruitment record with students exceeding expectations of recruiters.
- Placements at MDI have been a testament of the ever increasing faith that the industry has on the institution.
- Some placement statistics of batch passing out in 2013 are as follows:
- Total student strength - 321
- Acceptance of Pre Placement offers - 47 students, Entrepreneurial Route - 11 students
- No. of Companies that took part were more than 150
- 74 Regular Recruiters
- 80+ New Recruiters
- Average international compensation offered was 32 lakhs
Top Recruiting Companies
Some of the top recruiting companies are:
- Aditya Birla Group
- Anand Group
- Axis Bank
- Cerebrus Consulting
- Ernst & Young
- Hay Group
- Hero MotoCorp
- Larsen & Toubro
and many more......
Rankings & Awards
B -School Ranking 2012
- Ranked among the top 5 business schools in India.
- Ranked No. 5 by the 2011 edition of CNBC-TV18's Top B-Schools in India
B -School Ranking 2011
- Indian Management Ranking
- ICMR - 4Ps Business & Marketing Survey
- CNBC TV 18 Survey
- Economic Times Survey
- Eduniversal Ranking
- Best Business School Survey 2011
- Outlook - MDRA Ranking
- Students of PGPM, PGP-HR and PGP-IM stay on Campus and are provided with accommodation on twin- sharing basis in Change Masters and Kshitij.
- There is a separate hostel block for the girl students called Oddessy. Students are required to bring their own PC with LAN card.
- The rooms are provided with a bed, a study table, a chair, a cupboard and the usual fixtures.
- The students may bring their own mattress, bed linen, toiletries and locks for almirah and hostel rooms though these are also available in the student run Co-operative Store "Prayas.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Library-The Library holds a rich collection of printed as well as electronic resources which include books, journals, databases, audio-visual materials, CDs/DVDs, e-journals, reports, case studies, conference proceedings, training manuals, etc.The library has a collection of over 50,000 volumes while the online library provides access to 13,000 international journals.
Computer Centre-State-of art computing facility consisting of 656 PC nodes / laptop includes 10 IBM Pentium based servers,connected on a high speed Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Optic/UTP based network in a distributed Windows XP and Linux environment.
Class Rooms:All the class rooms are equipped with Projection Systems and Computer System with Internet connectivity
Wi-Fi Facility-Provide flexibility & convenient access to network facilities Wi-Fi Network facilities (IEEE 802.11b.g) have been provided at the various locations in campus i.e. Graduate Program Academic Block, Auditorium, Graduate Program Hostel Mess, Boards Room & Conference Room, Takshashila & Lakshay Buildings etc.
Video Conferencing Facility-MDI has an Internet / ISDN based Video Conferencing Facility setup in the Auditorium. The video conferencing facility comprising of Polycom 4 way multiparty 7,800 Presenter and Visual Concert. This facility is used for holding global seminars inviting eminent speakers, placement interviews, and virtual student seminars in various programs especially for International Management students.
DATA Center-Has a 10 IBM Pentium based servers, connected on a high speed Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Optic/UTP based network in a distributed Windows XP and Linux environment
- Gita Bajaj
- Vidhu Gaur
- Neera Jain
- Ashok Kapoor
- Sunil Ashra
- Sajal Ghosh
- Rohit Prasad
- Rupamanjari Sinha Ray
- Subhalakashmi Sircar
Human Resource Management
- Sanjay Bakshi
- P C Biswal
- Ashutosh Dash
- Sandeep Goel
- S Veena Iyer
- N R Bhusnur Math
- Anil Misra
- Shailendra Kumar Rai
- Shalini Kalra Sahi
- Anand Kumar Sharma
- Jyotsna Bhatnagar
- Soumendu Biswas
- Somnath Ghosh
- J L Gupta
- Vinod K Gupta
- Janender K Jain
- Debi S Saini
- Tanuja Sharma
- Chandra P Shrimali
- Sangeeta Shah Bharadwaj
- D.P. Goyal
- Mahadeo P Jaiswal
- Anjali Kaushik
- Dhruv Nath
- N P Singh
- Ashok Pratap Arora
- J N Godinho
- Mukul P Gupta
- Vinod Kalia
- Kanwal Kapil
- Avinash Kapoor
- Chinmaya Kulshrestha
- Jaydeep Mukherjee
- Kirti Sharma
- Ritu Srivastava
- Vibhava Srivastava
- S Chatterjee
- N S Saxena
- Vijay Aggarwal
- Narain Gupta
- Amit Kumar Gupta
- Sanjay Kumar
- Joydip Mitra
- Ashok Panjwani
- Anupama Prashar
- Manoj Kumar Srivastava
- Daisy Chauhan
- Rajen K Gupta
- Amit Gupta
- Ajay Kumar Jain
- Madhushree Nanda
- Anil Anand Pathak
- Sumita Rai
- Radha R. Sharma
- Established in 1973.
- MDI is one of the top B-Schools of the country. The institute integrates knowledge, research, industry experience and international exposure to offer comprehensive management programmes.
- MDI has the distinction of being the first internationally accredited Indian B-School.
- The PG Programmes in Management offered by MDI are recognized and accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) New Delhi. Its PGPM has been awarded A Grade by the National Board of Accreditation of All India Council for Technical Education.
- Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT),Melbourne
- Vienna University of Economic & Business Administration,Vienna
- Solvay Business School, Brussels
- The Faculty of Applied Economics, University of Antwerp,Antwerp
- Louvain School of Management, Louvain-la-Neuve
- DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University, Ontario
- McGill University, Montreal
- University of Waterloo, Waterloo
- Richard Ivey School of Business, Ontario
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST),
- School of Management, Wuhan
- openhagen Business School, Copenhagen
- Aarhus School of Business, Aarhus
and many more....
- A number of international scholarships are available for the students of MDI who go abroad on the exchange programme to MDIs partner Universities/Business Schools.
- These include Eiffel Scholarships for students going for dual degree programme in France, scholarship from French embassy in India, DAAD Scholarship for HHL Leipzig and EBS, Germany.
- In addition, students from time to time get scholarships/funding support from Copenhagen Business School, Denmark and Aarhus School of Business, Denmark.
- MDI also has arrangements with Warsaw School of Economics, Poland and Lahore University of Management Sciences, Pakistan for providing free accommodation on
- reciprocal basis.