Loyola Institute of Business Administration or LIBA is a business school in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India came into existence in 1979. LIBA is a Jesuit institution of the Loyola College, Chennai and is run by the Loyola College Society. Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai, is managed by the Jesuit Society, Madurai.
• The school is governed by a Board, and offers a full-time MBA (PGDM) program (2 years), part-time MBA (PGBM) program (3 years) and various executive diploma courses. These programs have been approved by the (AICTE). LIBA is also a resource center for doctorate programs offered in affiliation with the University of Madras.
• LIBA has been collaborating with ALTIS and UGSC since 2007.
International Collaboration: The college has signed MoUs with many foreign universities. Some of these institutes are-
• Saint Joseph's University, Philadelphia, USA
• Bordeaux School of Management, France
• Instituto Technologico de Estudios Superiores de Occidente (ITESO), Mexico, South America
• Universita Cattolica Del Sacro Cuore (UCDSC), Milan, Italy
• Catholic University Eichstatt – Ingolstadt (KU), Germany
• Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
• University of Antwerp, Belgium
Centers of Excellence
LIBA has established Centers of Excellence to increase knowledge plus professional development in selected areas. Currently there are 5 Centers of Excellence. The centers of excellence of the college are:
• Centre for Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
• Centre for Supply Chain Management
• Centre for Entrepreneurial Excellence
• Centre for Retail Management
• Centre for Behavioral Science
Extracurricular: Students take active part in the extracurricular activities and co curricular activities, this has resulted in the formation of various Academic Clubs in the college. They are-
• Le Vox Populi (HR Club): A club whose main objective is synergizing the talented students and divulging them to emerging drifts in HR.
• Finesse (Finance Club): provide a rigorous platform to students by improving their interaction with researchers and professionals for an detailed understanding of finance.
• Radius- Reaching Out (Social Service Club)
• E-Cell(Entrepreneurship Club): to encourage and promote entrepreneurship as a career option.
• Mark-IT (Marketing Club)
• 360 Degrees: The Student Affairs Committee of LIBA, is a student body dedicated to bring fun and liveliness on campus. The committee systematizes a plethora of extra- and co-curricular occasions.
• Binary-The Systems Club of LIBA, ‘BINARY’ serves as a forum to share, discuss, debate, learn and in short be a place for people in interested in Systems specialization to meet.
• Liba Informatics Center
The college takes sports seriously and this has led to the formation of:
• LIBA Soccer Team
• LIBA Basketball Team
Placement Description: LIBA has been consistently placed among the best B-schools in the country based on its placement records. Placement is organized in December over a span of week during which the entire batch is placed.
Around 90 per cent students from the final year batch of 2013 have already been placed in around 29 companies across industries. Companies from various sectors including BFSI, consulting, FMCG, consumer durables, manufacturing, e-commerce, IT, real estate had participated in placement season.
Cognizant Business Consulting, Cerebrus, Deloitte
HSBC, HDFC,ICICI, KPMG, RBI, Yes Bank, Federal Bank
Asian Paints, Coca-Cola, Godrej, ITC, Samsung.
Cognizant, HCL, IBM, Wipro, Infosys, Oracle
Media and Advertising
Hindustan Times, Times of India.
Ford, Pepsi, Tata Motors, L&T, Mahindra & Mahindra, Caterpillar
Idea, Virgin Mobile, Aircel
Festivals/Events: The following festivals and events are organized at LIBA throughout the year-
Ranking/Achievements: LIBA has been reliably ranked among the best B schools in the country. Some of the awards received are
• Dewang Mehta Business School Awards
• Fourth Best Private B-School by Hindustan Times
• Secured the 9th rank in the Business Today.