Nirma University, popularly known as NU, is the oldest private university in the state of Gujarat. It is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 2 (f) of the UGC Act and has also been accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- The Nirma Education and Research Foundation (NERF) established Nirma Institute of Technology in 1995, Nirma Institute of Management in 1996 and Nirma Institute of Diploma Studies in 1997
- The Government of Gujarat in 2003 approved the proposal of NERF to grant the status of a University under a special act passed by the Gujarat State Legislative Assembly
- Subsequently the University established three more institutes, the Institute of Pharmacy in 2003, the Institute of Science in 2004 and the Institute of Law in 2007.
- There are six Institutes offering UG and PG studies in varied branches of human knowledge
- The Institute Industry Interaction and Placement Cell emphasizes on inculcation of leadership qualities, team spirit, corporate behavior and works on overall personality development of the students.
- The institute also facilitates the students to simulate industry environment during coursework and develop job skills and establishes partnership with industries.
- Well stocked with over 99852 books, 13 online Journal Packages, 13 Online Databases, 12 offline databases
- 662 print periodicals, more than 11884 online journals, over 527 video cassettes, 422 Audio Cassettes, 11627 Bound Volumes and more than 6063 electronic media like CDs & Floppies
- More than 7,000 users are taking advantage of these Library Resources
- computer facilities consists of 27 servers & 1200+ systems, which are interconnected by optic cables
- 8 MBPS leased line internet connectivity, software for various engineering applications such as Pro-Eng., STAAD Pro, ANSYS, MASTERCAM, MATLAB, HYSIS etc.
- The University campus has two massive hostel buildings catering to the post graduate students.
- TCS : TATA Consultancy Services sponsor ONE Gold Medal to student from computer science branch based on his/her overall performance
- L&T Build India Scheme: Applicable for M.Tech programmes [Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical & Civil]. The candidates would be short-listed based on GATE scores/academic performance and will get financial assistance of Rs. 1,50,000/-
- Comp Labs