IT-Varanasi, an iconic Institute was started with the mission to create excellent & dynamic technocrats who can serve to nation. It has been recognized by the UGC& approved by AICTE.
- IIT (BHU) is actually an upgraded and improved Institute of the Banaras Hindu University. It means that the ‘Institute of Technology’ that belongs to Banaras Hindu University has been honored with the status of an ‘IIT’
- The adaptation of IT-BHU into IIT (BHU) has been passed by LokSabha on the 24th of March, 2011
- It was set up by the renowned and celebrated Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya
- The college is Spread over 400 acres of land
- University of Cambridge, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
- University of Sheffield, UK
Centre’s of advanced studies
- CAS in Chemical Engineering & Technology
- CAS in Electronics Engineering & Technology
- CAS in Mining Engineering & Technology
- CAS in Metallurgical Engineering & Technology
Eminent Alumni’s are
- VishwaNath Mishra(Venture Partner)
- NikeshArora (President, EMEA Operations & Vice- President, Google Inc.)
Various research programmes are being provided for the students so that they can be able to scale newer heights of educational excellence and higher studies.
- The Engineering department and technology fields have been funded by some brilliant organization like DST, ONGC, ARDB, HINDALCO, GAIL, FCI, DAE, COAL INDIA, BHEL, CSIR, AICTE, SAIL, DRDO, UGC DOE and TISCO
Admission to IIT-BHU is through (IIT-JEE) for undergraduate courses & GATE for postgraduate courses.
IIT (BHU) has 17 academic units including 10 Engineering Departments, 3 Science Departments, 3 Interdisciplinary Schools and 1 Humanities & Social Sciences Section
The season of placement starts from July last week to March. Every year more than 200 companies visit the college for campus placements
No. of students
No. of offers
IIT-BHU believes in carrying out innovative co-curricular activities throughout the academic session. Few of them are listed below:
- SPICMACAY - SPICMACAY IT-BHU Chapter
- Abhivyakti - National Theatre festival
- Kashi Utkarsh - A student movement working for social upliftment of residents of slums in Varanasi
- Rang Samarpan - A Student Group which convey messages for social transformation viaTheatre activities
- Spardha - An annual and national level sports festival
- KashiYatra – It is also an annual and national level cultural festival
- Magnum Opus – It is an annual and national level techno-management festival
11 hostels, 9 are meant for the boys and the remaining two for the girls.
The hostels have all the facilities that a student seeks.
Main library along with 5 departmental libraries are facilitated by the institute.
- More than 18, 000 periodicals (bound volumes)
- 600 Compact Discs (CDs)
- 1 NAS server & 70 PC’s
- Reference & Reading section
MCIIE and Entrepreneurship Cell
Malaviya Centre for Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship (MCIIE) provides for many programs like:
- Entrepreneurship Development and Awareness Programs
- OLPE - Open Learning Program in Entrepreneurship
- TePP Out Reach Centre - Techno Entrepreneurial Promotion Program
- TBI - Technology Business Incubator sponsored by National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board, DST, New Delhi.
Brics University Ranking(Among Top 20 )
Data Quest T-School Survey (Top ten Institutes)
India Today (Best Engineering Colleges Survey)
- Merit-cum-Means scholarships to 25% undergraduate students
- Junior Research Fellowships
- Comp Labs