The Institute of Chemical Technology was set up by the Department of Chemical Technology on the 1st of October, 1933. The Institute is providing for the best facilities and has been imparting the best of education since its inception.
- Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director, Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Anant Pai, Indian Educationist and creator of Amar Chitra Katha and Tinkle series
- Kallam Anji Reddy, founder, Dr. Reddy's Labs, Padma Shri
- Keki Hormusji Gharda, founder, Gharda Chemicals
- Man Mohan Sharma, Fellow Royal Society, Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize
- Raghunath Anant Mashelkar, Director General, CSIR, Fellow Royal Society, Padma Shri, Padma Vibhushan, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize
- Narotam Sekhsaria, Managing Director, Ambuja Cements Limited
- H.N. Sethna, former Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission
There are many areas and departments of this Institutes where a quality education is being imparted.
- Oils & Surfactants
- Applied Chemistry
- Dyestuff Technology
- Chemical Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Textile Science and Technology
- Polymer Science and Technology
- Food Technology and Fermentation
- Energy and Environmental Engineering.
There are many facilities provide in this University. There are many facilities provided so that the students can have the best of time in the Institute. Some of them are as follows:
Hostel – The hostels are providing all kind of facilities. They are neat and clean. Te rooms are also very spacious.
- The Hostel having No. 1 is called as The Old Hostel. It was constructed in the year 1951.
- The New Hostel (Hostel No. 2) had been built for accommodating the UG students and the research scholars.
- In the year 1987, Hostel No. 3 was made so that more and more accommodation can be provided for the students and the scholars and the like.
- Subsequently many hostels were made for accommodating the girls too (Hostel No. 4).
- About 840 students can be accommodated in all the hostels.
- The total seats that are available for new entrants are almost 200 per year. It includes all the courses (the division stands like this: 145 boys and 55 girls).
- Guest rooms are also available at some hostels.
- Hostels have TV room, playground, health centre, gymkhana, study room and reading room facilities.
- The students are covered under ‘Accident Policy’.
Library Collection – There are number of collections in the library.
- There are 75766 numbers of volumes
- There are 97 technical and scientific journals that have been subscribed
- 4039 Theses & Dissertations have been kept
- There are 1217 CD-ROMs.
Spirit: It is bimonthly cultural and newsletter magazine which provide information about achievements by various students also it provide platform for the students to shpw case their literary skills.
Sportsaga: It was began in 2005 and is a newsletter about inter-college sports festival.
Bombay Technologist: It is annual journal by institute which publishes technical articles written by students of university.
- Texpression: the festival of textilites.
- Manzar: the cultural festival.
- Vortex: The Chemfest.
- Sportsaga: the Sports festival.
Best chemical engineering(India)
Best chemical engineering(World)
Top Govt. engineering College
Top tech schools in India
- M. S. Patel Trust Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
- Smt. Badamidevi Chiranjilal Murarka Charity Trust Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
- Rushmi-Druman Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
- Druman M. Trivedi Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
- Prof. A.N. Kothare Scholarship
Hostel For : Male
Fees: 6000 - 15000
- Comp Labs