- First IIM in the country to receive accreditation from AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International
- One of Asia's finest Business Schools
- Ranked 2nd across India by Outlook and Business Today in 2013
- Collaboration with International Universities
- Strong Alumni Network
- Placements in Top-Notch Companies
Indian Institute of Management,Calcutta has separate placement cell which organises:
- Guest Talks
- Campus Events
- Pre-Placement talks
- In campus Interviews
Indian Institute of Management,Calcutta guarrantee 100% placements in Top-Notch companies.
Top Recruiting Companies
- Aviva Life Insurance
- AXIS Bank
- Bain & Company
- Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd.
- Bharti Televentures
- Career Launcher
- Deloitte Consulting
- HCL Technologies
- ICICI Bank
- Tata honeywell
and many more....
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked 8 in the Asia-Pacific region by QS Global 200 Business Schools Report 2012
- Ranked 2 in India by The Week Hansa Research Best Courses and Colleges Survey 2012
- Ranked 2 in Top 50 Business Schools in India by Business Today 2012
- Ranked 3 in India by CNBC-TV18 2012
- Positioned in Super League 1 cluster in Business Standard 2012
- IIM Calcutta offers on-campus accommodation for students enrolled in residential programmes.
- All the hostels are equipped with all the facilities of a modern hostel.
- Their five modern residence halls provide study areas and social spaces open to the entire community.
- The latest addition to the list is a world-class hostel, Lake View Hostel.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Administrative Building and Lecture Halls - All halls are air-conditioned with advanced audio-visual and multimedia capabilities.
- BC Roy Memorial Library - One of the best management libraries in Asia having a collection of 1.6 lakhs volumes of books and journals
- Auditorium - It provides a seating facility for 750 and hosts major functions like guest lectures, convocation etc.
- Computing facilities - Network of 1000 PCs, 5 servers and 7 Novell file servers. It provides unlimited internet access and a host of electronic databases like Bloomberg, Capitaline and Prowess.
- MCHV - The stupa shaped building surrounded by lush green vegetation.
- Finance Lab - It is meant to support research in financial markets. The Lab is also equipped with a trading exchange simulator (XSTrade) with real time data feed from five markets - NSE- Cash and F&O, BSE-Cash, NCDEX and MCX.
- Tata Hall - It offers 56 residential rooms, 4 suites, 3 conference rooms and a plush dining room for executives.
- Hostels - Four in number namely, Ramanujan Hostel, White Hostel, New Hostel and Lakeview Hostel. (Hostel fees is INR 8000 per term or Rs 24,000 per year)
- Post Office
- SBI Bank with ATM and ICICI ATM
- Medical Unit
- Cafe Coffee Day outlet
- Confectionary shop
- Sports Facilities which include volleyball court, basketball court, a football ground, Lawn tennis court, TT rooms, badminton courts, swimming pool, and a gymnasium.
Events organized are Intaglio:
the biggest Annual international Business school summit, Carpe Diem: the annual cultural fest, International Finance Conference (IFC) and International Marketing Conference (MARCON). Student-run clubs
include Finance and Investments Club, Consulting Club, Marcell, Team Census, Operations SIG, Syscon, E-Cell, CEI, Adventure Club, Lakeside Lens Lovers, OutThink, JBS Baroc, Choreo Club, Drams Cell, ICQC, INCA etc.
Options outside campus include South city mall and Park Street - best foodie joint.
- Abhishek Goel
- Ambuj Mahanti
- Amit Dhiman
- Anindya Sen
- Anirvan Pant
- Annapurna Shaw
and many more...
- Established in 1961 as the first national institute for Post-Graduate studies and Research in Management by the Government of India in collaboration with Alfred P. Sloan School of Management (MIT), the Government of West Bengal, The Ford Foundation and Indian industry.
- IIM Calcutta has a sprawling 135-acre campus, with seven lakes and verdant greenery providing an idyllic backdrop conducive for the country's top notch talent in academia, industry, and research.
- The pedagogy of the institute includes lectures, cases, simulations, field surveys and team assignments. It has a very influential alumni network of 9000 PGP alumni.
- A leader in long duration executive education, it offers a portfolio of 18 programs of varying duration ranging from 6 months to a year.
- Each year close to about 4000 participants attend these programs.
- The annual intake of students at IIM Calcutta has increased significantly in the last few years.
- IIM Calcutta has the biggest geographical reach, ranging from Brazil to France to Japan to the USA.
- It has tie-ups with more than 50 universities across the globe and hosts a large number of foreign university students every year at its campus in India, as part of its exchange programs.
- Some of its partner institutes are:
|Name of the University/College ||City ||Country |
|National University of Singapore ||Singapore ||Singapore |
|Copenhagen Business School ||Copenhagen ||Denmark |
|Reims Management School ||Reims ||France |
|University of Melbourne ||Melbourne ||Australia |
|Leeds University Business School ||Leeds ||UK |
and many more...
- Indra Nooyi, Global CEO of Pepsico
- Anand Kripalu, CEO of Cadbury India
- Ajit Balakrishnan, Founder, Chairman & CEO of Rediff.com
- Srinath Narasimhan, MD and CEO of Tata Teleservices
- P M Murty, MD & CEO of Asian Paints