Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University (CSJMU), formerly Kanpur University, was established in the year 1966. It is a public state university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is administered under the state legislature of the government of Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- It is one of the largest universities of Asia catering to urban and rural students offering professional & academic courses in disciplines of Science, Arts, Commerce, Engineering, Biotechnology, Computer Applications, Law, Management and Medicine.
- Has 170 affiliated colleges in 15 districts of Uttar Pradesh and more than 4.5 lakh students on its roll is truly one of the largest universities of Asia catering to both urban and rural students
- Spread over a sprawling campus of 265 acres the university has many prestigious professional and job oriented institutes on its campus, giving it an incomparable academic ambience.
- The campus is dotted with architectural marvels aesthetically designed structure, laboratories equipped with the latest and most sophisticated gadgets to carry out research in the twenty first century
Research, Consultancy & Extension:
Department of Chemistry:-
- Textile Effluent treatment with natural gums and mucilages - UGC, New Delhi for 3 years Total Rs. 3,79,680/-
- Novel application of natural colorabnts in photo polymerization reactions - UGC New Delhi for 3 yrs. Rs.11 lakhs
- Industrial effluent treatment with natural gems and mucilages - CSIR, New Delhi - for 1 year for Rs. 1,59,833/-
- Study on Polymerization of vinyl aromeris inn prescience of a new photo initiator - CSIR for 3 years Rs.2,51,955/-
- Calcium channel blocks (3 yrs.) DST New Delhi - Rs.8 lakh
Research papers published in refereed journals and periodicals
Patents, if any give details.
Number of books published
Number of Ph.D.'s awarded
Awards/recognition for research work 05
Seminars & Conferences:-
- National Conference of Wellness scheduled at CSJM University, Kanpur from 14th to 15th November, 2014
- National Conference of Society for Promotion of Libraries (SPL) "Libraries: Towards Digital Paradigm" NCLTDP-2014
- National Seminar on Teacher Education in India : Present Status & Future Challenges
- National Conference on Transforming Communities Through Tourism
- National Seminar on Future Prospects of Physical Education and sports sciences and a workshop on Yoga for Stress Management.
- National Seminar on "Strategic HR and Change Management" Organized by INSTITUE OF BUSINESS MANAGAMENT.
- Auditorium: The University boasts of a state of art auditorium which played host to the foundation day celebration of the University. Painted with lively colors, the air conditioned auditorium is an engineering marvel and has a seating capacity of 1500 audience.
- Computer Center: The center is well equipped with computing resources & caters to the academic needs of the University. The Centre is equipped with the most advanced computer systems, scanner, laser printers, CD writers, line printers, zip drives etc.
- Helipad: There are few Universities in the state which have their own Helipad. The University’s Helipad is big enough to accommodate three choppers at a time. With the construction of the Helipad, now it’s possible for high profile guests to make visits to the University at short notice.
- Hostel Facility: The University has three well-furnished girl’s hostels with a total capacity of 500 students, a boy's hostel with the capacity of 400 students. All the hostels have mess facility at very moderate rates, common hall, 24 hour power supply, TV room, reading rooms, telephone, recreational and sports facilities with a tight security system
- The Stadium: A big stadium has been constructed for sports activities like 400 meter race, hammer throw, high jump, long jump, cricket tournament, football, basketball, handball, hockey, volley ball, tennis, kabaddi, kho-kho, etc.
- Shopping Complex: This shopping complex has all those commodities to offer which one needs in daily life, be it books or toiletries, clothes or grocery.
Health Center: The Health Center is situated at University Institute of Health Sciences. It was inaugurated on 15th September 2010.
- Well-equipped 10 bedded.
- OPD of Medicine, Orthopedics, Obs. & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology (Eye), ENT, Surgery, Psychiatry, Psychology, Dental & Paediatrics run by renowned specialist doctors of Kanpur city.
- ECG, Multipara monitor, Dental X-ray & Minor OT facilities.
- Well equipped Physiotherapy OPD for the Physiotherapy of the patients.
- Various pathological investigations under the supervision of Pathologist at very low cost.
- Nutritional consultancy & Diet chart making of the patients of various diseases.
- 24 hours Ambulance service.
Rankings:- According to Webometrics world rankings, the University is ranked at number 108 in India and 5363 in the world and it is ranked 5380 in the world, according to 4icu world rankings.
- Comp Labs