- Affiliated to Gautam Buddh Technical University (G.B.T.U.)
- Ranks at 26th position in India's top engineering colleges
- Industry oriented curriculum
- Autonomous Institution with its own effective exam and result management system
- Scholarship for Meritorious Students
- Best placements
Companies that visited campus in year 2012 and 2013 for recruitment
- Separate Training and Placement Cell
- Placement Assistance is provided
: Placement status 2013
Top Recruiting Companies
Following are the Recruiting Companies:
- Accenture Pvt. Ltd.
- Adani Wilmar
- Aditya Cement
- Adobe Systems
- Agro Tech Foods Ltd.
- Amul Dairy
- Ashok Leyland.
- Asian Paints(India)Ltd.
- Bajaj Auto Limited.
- Bajaj Tempo Limited.
- Bharat Electronics Ltd.
- Birla Cements
- Brittania Industries Ltd.
- Brooke Bond Lipton Ltd.
- Dabur India Ltd.
and many more
Rankings & Awards
- ABP NEWS rated HBTI, Kanpur as Best Government Engineering College and awarded "National B-School Award - 2013"
- Best Government Engineering College in ABP News National B-School Awards - 2012 and 2013
- Best Government Engineering College in Star News National B-School Awards - 2011
- Ranked 24th in Science & Engineering category as per Outlook Magazine Survey
- India Today magazine survey rates HBTI, Kanpur at 25th rank amongst 100 Engineering Colleges of India
- Separate Hostel for boys and girls
- Two boys hostels and four girls hostels
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
With sprawling campuses and excellent facilities, the institute provides its students with nothing but the best. Given below are some of the facilities:
- Medical insurance for all students
- Computer Centre
- Games & Sports Facilities
- Banking and Postal Facilities
- Medical Facility
- General Computing Facilities
- Guest House
- Extra Curriculum Activities
- Soft Skill Development Facilities
- Fee exemption for financially weak students
Listed below are the top faculty members of the institute:
- Dr. Ashok Kumar Professor & Head, Physics Department
- Dr. Onkar Singh Professor & Head, Mechanical Engineering Department
- Dr. S.R. Vidyarthi Professor,Chemical Engineering
- Dr. K.A. Mishra Professor,Electrical Engineering Department
- Established in 1921
- An autonomous academic institution
- Leader in the field of enigneering research and education
- Has 2 sprawling campuses, the east campus (77 acres) and the west campus (271 acres) situated about 3 km apart from each other
- Forerunner in producing technical and professional leaders