Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), Delhi is the TOP COMMERCE INSTITUTE in India. The college was established in 1920 as a Commercial School and in the year 1932 it was converted into a degree college. The college got affiliation from University of Delhi in 1926.It is the dream institute for every national and international student to pursue their higher education.
- SRCC is the perfect institute to pursue quality and valuable education. Scores of students from every nook and corner of the world took admission every year
- SRCC received the status of National Centre of Corporate Governance from The National Foundation for Corporate Governance, New Delhi
- The college has a glorious past and looking forward to bright future
- The college has well-experience faculty members to deliver education in its TRUE ESSENCE
- To improve the knowledge about the scenario of business the Centre conducts various seminars, research, conferences and workshops periodically
- SRCC was founded by a leading Educationalist, Industrialist and Philanthropist – Sir Shri Ram with strong aim to train young men and women for meaningful careers in the area of Business
- Being a TOP COMMERCE INSTITUTE in India, it offers sharp edge in terms of academics and placements
Highlights of the college:
- TOP COMMERCE COLLEGE in the Country.
- DEDICATED and HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL faculty members.
- STATE-OF-THE-ART facilities and infrastructure.
- 100% Job Placement
- Rana Kapoor (CEO – Yes Bank)
- Arun Jaitley (Politician), Pramod Bhasin (CEO – Genpact)
- Gulshan Grover (Bollywood Actor)
- Shiv Khera (Author)
In addition to academics, SRCC organizes several extracurricular and co-curricular activities so that students can show their hidden talents and creativity. Such activities and events offer a big platform for the students to improve their personality. The college has active Students’ Union and various Students’ Societies. A few names of the societies are listed below –
- Commerce Society and Economics Society: To foster social and intellectual activity among the students and, in particular, to develop in them interest in the study of Commerce and Economics.
- History and Political Science Society: To foster social and intellectual activity among the students of the College and, in particular, to develop interest in the knowledge and study of History and Political Science, and national and international politics.
- Dramatic Society: To foster social and intellectual activity among the students and to create interest in and encourage talent for Drama and Theatre.
- Debating Society: To develop their skill for debating and public speaking
- Computer and Mathematics Society: To develop in them interest in computers and learning of Mathematics and use of both problem solving in Commerce & Economics.
- Fine Arts Society: To create interest in and develop taste and aptitude for Music, Dancing, Drawing, Painting, Sculpture and any other Fine Art.
Programmes and events organize by the societies are –
- Essay competitions
- Group Discussions
- Full Length and One-Act Plays
- Intelligence Tests
- Computer Games
- Quiz Competitions etc.
A variety of activities are organized every year to channelise the energy and idealism of the younger generation into creative pursuits. The NSS wing organizes activities like, Blood Donation Camps, Literacy Classes for children of weaker sections, Leadership workshops, Summer Camps, National awareness programmes, “Shramdaan” etc.
- Library is spacious with seating capacity for about 300 readers
- Collection of over 65000 volumes on different subjects
- Library subscribes about 80 journals of national and international repute
The College has two well-equipped Computer Centers. Both the centers are provided with 40 computers, each with updated software and hardware. Internet facilities are provided in each computer. Printing and scanning facilities are also available with each computer through network.
The College has a big auditorium with over 750 persons seating capacity. The auditorium is equipped with lighting and sound systems.
- CROSSROADS: The Students’ Union and Students’ Societies every year organizes a grand winter festival “CROSSROADS”. It is one of the most popular students’ festivals in the University. Spread over a few days in December, an overwhelming participation across the students’ fraternity of the University is seen in the CROSSROADS. The Crossroads provides students with a platform to show their talents and creativity.
- ECOSTASY: Economics Society organizes their grand festival ‘ECOSTASY’ comprising a number of shows, events, debates etc. The debates from the Debating Society offer opportunities to the students to express their views on given subjects.
Shri ram College of commerce was ranked 1st consecutively by India today for India’s Best commerce college in 2013.
Awards and Prizes:
- Kamla Mehrotra Gold Medal: The Medal is awarded to B. Com (Hons.) overall topper
- Tejpal Aggarwal Gold Medal: The Medal is awarded to B.Com (Honours) I year topper
- Arun Chachra Memorial Gold Medal: The Medal is awarded to B.A. (Hons.) Economics overall topper
- Dr. Charat Ram Gold Medal: The Medal is awarded to B.A. (Hons.) Economics topper
- G.L. Bansal Gold Medal: The Medal is awarded to B.A. (Hons.) Economics I year topper
- Punj Lloyd Gold Medal: The Medal is awarded to the topper of the Post Graduate Programme in Global Business Operations across all years taken together
- Suniti Goyal Medal: The Medal is awarded to III year girl topper in B.A. (Hons.) Economics
- Skand Gupt Memorial Prize of Rs. 1,000
The Prize is awarded to a student of B.A. (Hons.) Economics II year who scores highest marks in the Compulsory Language Credit Course paper in the preceding year
- Manohar Lal Memorial Prize: The Prize of Rs. 1,000 is awarded to a student of B.A. (Hons.) II and III year or B.Com. (Hons.) III year that has scored the highest marks in Hindi in the preceding year in the credit course paper.
- SRCC Students Union Scholarship
One merit-cum-need scholarship is awarded to a second year student of B. Com. (Hons.) / B.A. (Hons.) Economics of Rs.12,000/- per annum
- Sultan Chand Trust Scholarships
The Scholarships of Rs.500/- p.m. are available to topper of B. Com. (Hons.) first year and second year if they secure 75% marks or more in their previous university examination in the first attempt
- M.C. Shukla Scholarships
Two need-cum-merit scholarships of Rs. 6,000/- per annum each are available for B. Com. (Hons.) II Year students who secured at least 65% marks in the previous university examinations and have a minimum of 75 % attendance in the previous year
- T.S. Grewal Memorial Scholarship
One need-cum-merit scholarship of Rs. 6,000/- per annum is awarded to a B.Com. (Hons.) II Year student who has secured at least 65% marks in the previous University examinations
- C.B. Gupta Memorial Scholarship
One need-cum-merit scholarship of Rs.1,000/- per month is to be awarded to B. Com. (Hons.) I Year student with parental income not exceeding Rs.2,00,000/- per annum
- Comp Labs
- Swimming Pool