- Deemed University
- Declared as an Institute of National Importance
- Campus is spread over 215 acres of land
- Experienced and qualified faculty
- World class infrastructure
- Impart quality technical education
VNIT provides 100% placement assistance to students and make sure that they get placed in top companies of the country.
- Provides guidance for career development
- Personality development
- Pre-placement talks
Break-up of jobs in 2012-13 are as follows:
In the year 2012-13, nearly 82 companies visited the campus and 354 jobs were offered to UG and PG students.
Top Recruiting Companies
Following are the top recruiting companies:
- Bharat Petroleum
VNIT provides hostel facilities to its students:
- Seven Boys Hostels and two Girls Hostels
- Each hostel is having a telephone, T.V., Sports Items, water coolers, water heaters and well equipped mess facilities
- All hostels are having independent mess where vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals are available
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
VNIT provides following facilities to students:
- Sports facility
- Lecture theatres
- Seminar hall
- Conference rooms
- Community shops
- Sports facility
- Health centre
- Dr. V. K. Deshpande, Professor, Physics Deptt.
- Dr. N. R. Thote, Asso. Professor, Mining Engg. Deptt.
- Dr. S. S. Bhat, Asso. Professor, Electrical Engg. Deptt.
- Dr. A. B. Andhare, Asso. Professor, Mechanical Engg. Deptt.
Established in 1960, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology is one of the premier engineering colleges based in Nagpur.
- Counted as one of the thirty National Institutes of Technology in the country
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur is one of the first six Regional Engineering Colleges
- The Central Govt. by Act of Parliament (National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007 (29 of 2007) declared VNIT Nagpur as an Institute of National Importance along with all other NITs
- Earlier the institute was known as Visvesvaraya Regional College of Engineering (VRCE)
- Established under the scheme sponsored by Govt. of India and Govt. of Maharashtra
- Has about 2300 students on its rolls
- Active alumni association