Nizam College was established in 1887 by Madarsa-i-Aliya and the amalgamation of Hyderabad School, Nizam College is one of the hoariest & most honored colleges for getting higher education in South India. It is affiliated to Osmania University. It is offering Bachelor and Master Programme in the fields like Social Sciences, Faculties of Arts, Sciences and Commerce along with professional courses like M.C.A., M.B.A., M.sc. & B.C.A.
- The College is accredited by NAAC with 'A' grade with a CGPA of 3.19. since 2012
- The college received the status of the institute with ‘Potential for Excellence’ both under the X Plan & the XI Plan period
- The Psychological Testing & Counseling Centre also trains & provides guidance to the students especially to the physically challenged
- Campus sprawled out in 25 acres of land housed 73 classrooms, laboratories, 2 Seminar Halls, Language Lab, Play Grounds, a Boxing Hall, Library& parking space
- The college has state of art equipment; FTIR, UV visible Spectro Photo meter, HPLC Isocratic, AAS, Atomic Absorption Spectro Photo Meter, Nano Drop Spectro Photo Meter, Precision LCR meter, PCR, CO2 Incubator, internet 2mbps, 86 c Deep freezer, Laminar Air Flows, BOD Incubator, Cooling Centrifuge, Inverted Microscopes
- Students come from a different social backgrounds &diverse regions which creates a healthy environment with rich cultural exchange
- Nizam College is primary in the preference of students from several Asian & African countries. Foreign students comprise 25% of the total strength of the college
- The teachers are highly qualified and dedicated. 98% of them hold doctoral degrees &guide research scholars
- The Placement Centre conducts on-campus recruitments involving industries & MNC's like Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant, Satyam, Nipuna, GE, etc. covering to more than 25 to 50 reputed companies visit the college annually
No. of students attended
No. of students selected
B.sc Life science
- On average 70 candidates appeared for each of the companies and total 25 candidates were recruited in 2014
- NSS- Nizam College has two NSS units one for Social Sciences & the other for Sciences. NSS volunteers have been vigorously participating in numerous programmes such as the Green Run, Tree Plantation programmes planned by the MCH, National Integration Communal Harmony Seminar, Sadbhavana Run organized by the Directorate of Youth Services, Govt. of A.P.
- NCC- NCC has 200 cadets (Girls and Boys) in which 2 cadets have participated in all India Thal Sainik Camp in New Delhi, 5 have participated in national integration camps held at Mumbai, 1 participated in Special national integration camp held at Andaman and Nicobar Islands, 15 cadets participated in Army attachment camp, HyderabadNCC Unit has also organized a blood donation camp in the college in December 2013. PG Students of Nizam College organized a blood donation camp at E-II hostel in March 2014.
- Sports- In 2013-14 more than 35 students of the college have represented in Osmania University all India Inter-University Competitions and senior national tournaments in various games and sports and won many laurels in inter college and other category’s categories like open tournaments in Cricket, Volley Ball, Kho-Kho, Judo, wrestling, Foot ball, Basket Ball and Athletics etc.
- Cultural activities and clubs- Annual cultural meet, EXPRESSIONS, gives an opportunity to the students to conduct numerous cultural events & to interact with hundreds of students from different other colleges. The college has started various Clubs such as Science Club, Book Review Club, Eco – Awarenes, Population Club, Crafts Club etc.
Library has a rich collection of books. It has 1,67,580 books and 78 journals which include text and reference books and research journals. Post-graduate and undergraduate departments have their own Seminar Libraries.
- Comp Labs