Hassaram Rijhumal College of Commerce & Economics was established in 1960; today it is one of the leading colleges of commerce and management education in the country. Glimpses of the college are:
- It is affiliated to prestigious university of Mumbai.
- It caters to more than over 7000 students.
- NAAC (National Assessment & Accreditation Council) accredited the college with A-grade in 2002 and once again in 2008.
- It was founded by Seth Hassaram Rijhumal
- It also received the status of autonomy by UGC (University Grants Commission) in 2007
- It is run by the Hyderabad Sind National Collegiate Board.
- Secretarial Practice
- Information and Technology
- Rotaract club (for social service and welfare)
- Student council (looks into the grievances of the students and their remedial measures)
- Planning forum (help students keep themselves abreast with current economic events)
- Public speaking and Debating Society (conducts debate, discussion and elocution competition)
- Aseen Sindhi (aimed to create awareness about Sindhi Culture)
- Accountancy Association
- General event management society (conducts various activities apart from academics)
The college houses a well-equipped library having open access facility. It has a dedicated air conditioned reading room as well as a language lab. It provides access to wide range of materials including:
- More than over 50000 Books
- Around 80 Journals
- Audio visual facilities
It is the annual intra-collegiate event that aims to provide an excellent platform required for its students to compete against each other and explore their horizons. This also helps them prepare for fest of other colleges and universities bring laurels to their College.
It is the financial festival of H R College, where the college plays host to students from all over the country. The intricately fabricated events of the fest are meant to bring out the best of your talent. Events include business, marketing, strategic events along with its flagship events.
- The college was awarded the honour of “Best College” by the prestigious University of Mumbai in 2011.
- t got the 9th Ranked in India Today ranking of Best Commerce Colleges.
- It got the NAAC accreditation of A-Grade by scoring 3.72 on a scale of 4.
- The college recently tied up with Westminster University, UK.
- Also, its NSS unit won the Times Green Ganesha 2013 Award.
- Silver Jubilee Fund Scholarship
- Late Shri Chandru Gordham Mukhi Foundation Scholarship
- Late Shri Ashok Ramanlal Scholarship
- Late Shri Ramchand Khemchand Vaswani Scholarship
- Shri Vasanmal Lekhraj Scholarship
- Shrimati Saraswatibai Vasanmal Lekhraj Scholarship
- Shri Arjun Vasanmal Lekhraj Scholarship
- Comp Labs