MJP Rohilkhand University (MJPRU) was established in 1975 as an affiliating University. Its status was upgraded to affiliating-cum-residential university in 1985. In August 1997 Rohilkhand University was renamed as Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University.
- The University has modified status by including new Faculties of Engineering and Technology, Management, Applied Sciences, Education and Allied Sciences etc.
- It has more than 215 affiliated colleges.
- The University headquarter is located at Bareilly with its territorial jurisdiction extending over the districts of Bareilly, Moradabad, Rampur, Bijnore, Jyotibaphule Nagar, Baduan, Pilibhit and Shahjahanpur.
- The University campus spreads over 206 acre of Land.
- Nearest Railway Station: Bareilly 7KM
- Nearest Bus station: Philibhit bypass 6 KM and 2 KM
- TECH-FEST- This is the Annual Technology Week Conducted by the students. During this time many internal competitions are conducted
- MOHD. KAMRAN RU CUP-RU cricket cup is held every year in the university between the teams of different departments
- 50000 sq. ft ground floor
- 6000 sq. ft carpet area
- 450000 books/non books material
- Main hostel-seating capacity is 250 students
- New Boys hostel-seating capacity is 300 students
- BDA hostel-seating capacity is 400 students
- Rajkiya hostel has 100 students seating capacity
- SOMNIUM -This is the Annual Techno-Cultural Fest conducted by the students, this is conducted in the first weekend of February every year
- Comp Labs