MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore popularly known as MSRIT was founded in 1962. It is an ISO 9001: 2000 certified & NBA accredited institute.
- Under the ages of "Gokula Education Foundation", this MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology was initiated.
- The college is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU).
- The institute is renowned as its development for India's first unmanned air vehicle (UAV) with an autopilot system.
- The institute infrastructure has been designed over the years to cater to the industrial demands in technical education.
- A qualified & experienced faculty has made institute being ranked high in several surveys.
- The campus premises include air-conditioned library, lecture halls, hi-tech laboratories as well as hostels
MSRIT has signed a MoU With global energy management company Schneider Electric to encourage technical excellence.
It entered into a MoU with 8 Billion USD company JSW Energy for offering a 1 year full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Power Plant Engineering.
The institute has Placement & Training Cell which not only emphasis on placements but also on developing strong soft skills in students. Placement statics are given below:
Helix Technology Solutions
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
Notable Student Projects
- In 2012, The MSRIT robotics team developed an autonomous unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) named “Moksha”
- In 2011, Students of MSRIT developed a system that can capture the brainwaves of a person and can be used as an authentication mechanism for personal identification
- In 2011, MSRIT students registered victory at the Student Unmanned Air Systems (SUAS) competition at Maryland, USA
- Karnataka's first IBM Centre of Excellence was started at MSRIT in 2009
- Autodesk has recognized M.S. Ramaiah Institute as one of the Zonal Centre for the YEARLY CAD DESIGN CONTEST
- Autodesk has awarded Prof.SunithBabu L from Department of Mechanical Engineering, as India's First Autodesk Certified Instructor
It celebrates tech fest Aavishkaar every year with enthusiasm & zeal.
There are separate hostels for girls & boys with 2 seater & 3 seater rooms. Additionally, some other facilities are also available like:
- Common room
- Music room
The library fully automated air with top notch resources for faculty & students. Its collection comprises of:
- 13139 full text E-Books
- 1, 42,089 volumes of Books
- 37,512 Titles
- 146 National & International printed journals
- 3500 Compact Discs (CD’s)
- 24,000 databases
- 75 Video Cassettes
- 1421 IS Standards
- The college hosts annual Dr. M.S. Ramaiah memorial national inter college cricket tournament.
- MSRIT women's tennis team has won tournament in 2012 among 190 engineering colleges in Karnataka.
- It also hosts Dr M.S. Ramaiah Memorial all India inter college basketball tournament.
- Its women's throw ball team is the present VTU champions for Bangalore region
The institute has been ranked among top engineering colleges list from various recognized magazines. Some of them are:
Best Engineering Colleges
Best Engineering Colleges
The institute offers several scholarships as well as financial aid to students.
There are about 24 different schemes from which students can avail of numerous scholarships that are:
- Post Metric Scholarship Scheme / Food and Accommodation Scheme
- Merit Scholarship from Government of India
- Comp Labs