Bhusanayana Mukundadas Sreenivasaiah (BMS) College of Engineering was originated in the year 1946 by Late Sri. B M Sreenivasaiah, as the 1st Engineering College beneath private initiative
- The Institution is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum, Karnataka and approved by AICTE
- Started with only 3 courses, BMSCE today offers 13 UG & 14 PG programs with 14 Research centers contributing PhD programs
- BMSCE is the only institute from India accepted by the Melton Foundation, USA. BMSCE is TEQIP Phase 1 and Phase 2 Institute
- The UG Programs of the College have been bestowed the Autonomous Status by the Government/University from the educational year 2008-09 ahead
- MOU signed with INFOSYS, TCS, WIPRO and ROBERT BOSCH for various Industry –Institute interaction. More than 80% of students from all the platforms are being placed.
Alumni: A strong alumni base of over 35,000 most of them inhabiting desired positions in various Industrial, Educational, and Research organizations
- Vasant Honavar: Professor, Computer Science, Iowa State University
- Nikhil Chinapa: MTV VJ and Entertainer.
- Chelakara S. Subramanian: Mechanical and Aerospace Eng, Florida Institute of Technology
- Suresh Prahlad : Co-founder of Manhattan Associates
- Karthik Anil Kumar : VP-IT, GE Capital
Extracurricular: The college has folllowing clubs and cells to organize various extracurricular activities-
- EDC- The Entrepreneurship Development Cell
- IEEE Student Branch, BMSCE
- Mountaineering Club
- Melton Foundation
- National Service Scheme
- KREEDOTSAV- State level intercollegiate tournament.
- UTSAV- The annual cultural event, it is known as top annual inter-collegiate techno-cultural festival.
Ranking: The college is newly accredited with A Grade by NAAC. The college has been rated as one of the top 25 Engineering Institutions in the Country by numerous media causes-
Best Engineering Colleges in India
Top Engineering Colleges in India
Top 50 Private Colleges in India
Top 100 Engineering Colleges
Scholarship: College provides both private and government scholarships
- DBCM Scholarship
- National Merit Scholarship
- Karnataka Minorities Scholarship
- Defense Scholarship
- Govt. of India Scholarship for disabled students.
- Karnataka state of walk f Board Scholarship (for Muslim girls)
- SBM Employee welfare Scholarship
- Kadambri Trust Scholarship
- G.B.S Trust Scholarship
- Brahmin Trust Scholarship
- Ramakrishna Math Scholarship
- H A L Employee welfare Scholarship
- Comp Labs