College of Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar (CETB), was established in 1981 by Govt. of Odisha in order to meet the increasing requirement for technical man power in the state.
- At its inception it was constituent college of Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology
- From 2002 it is constituent college of Biju Patnaik University Of Technology
- It is approved by AICTE
- College has a campus covers area of 107.8 acres
- College offers 10 under graduate and 6 post graduate program
- Admissions are based on the JEE conducted by Govt. of Odisha
Placements: College has good placements records. In 2012-13 total 291 students got selected in various companies. Below are the placement stats for the 2012-13 batch:
Total no. of students
No. of students Selected
Computer Science & Engineering
Instrumentation & Electronics
- Energy Club- Club is about energy conservation and power optimization under Dept. of Electrical Engineering
- Zairza- It is technical society founded by students of software and robotics wing
- The Amuza- It is Dramatics Society
- Appregio- Music Club
- Encore- Dance Club
- Udaan- Aero Modelling Club
- LUSUS- The sports club
- Eco Club
- Art Club
- Library: College has well equipped library that has 33,469 books related to all technical aspects of courses. It also subscribes 63 journals.
- Hostel: College has separate hostels for boys and girls. Both boys and girls hostel has seating capacity of 500.
- Computing Facilities: The College has more than 300 computers which are connected with internet.
Events and Festivals:
- Xtasy- It is Techno cultural festival, held in January every year.
- The Idea Challenge- In this various well known CEOs took part to guide students.
- CETMUN- It is annual MODEL NATIONS which is recognized by the Nations Informatics Centre for India and Bhutan.
- Engineers Cup- Annual sports meet.
- CAFAS Scholarship Scheme
- CET Merit Scholarship
- Alumni Scholarship
- Vikas Scholarship
- Scholarship for SC & ST students
- Comp Labs