University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) is a pioneering institution in the field of education. The university offers industry-focused and specialized graduate, post graduate & doctoral programs in key areas such as Energy, Infrastructure, Transportation, Information Technology and Legal Process. It offers total 76 specialized programs across Oil & Gas, Power, Transportation, Infrastructure, and Logistics & Supply Chain sectors. It is the first university in India offering UG, PG ad doctoral programs in field of petroleum and energy. UPES was established in 2003 through an act of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand in the year 2003. UPES is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 and is the first university under Public-Private Partnership.
Constituent Colleges: University has following constituent schools, centers and colleges under which all the academic programs are provided-
- College of Engineering Studies (CoES)
- College of Management and Economics Studies (CoMES)
- College Of Legal Studies (CoLS)
- School Of Design Studies (SoDS)
- School of International Law & Diplomacy (SoILD)
- School of Planning & Architecture (SPA)
- Centre for Information Technology (CIT)
- Centre for Continuing Education (CCE)
Admissions: Following are the admission criteria for different courses-
UPESEAT Entrance Exam
(Online Design Test after UPESEAT for B.Des applicants)
UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (UL-SAT)/CLAT/LSAT
UPES Management Entrance Test (UPES-MET) /CAT/MAT
- UPES has established academic alliances with more than 100 leading universities across the globe. It is also the first Indian Energy University with energy programs accredited by the Energy Institute, UK.
- UPES is a member of the International Association of Universities (IAU). This enables the university to participate in IAU Annual Conferences, Specialized Workshops, Seminars, the General Conferences, Experts Meetings and various other Events.
- UPES is an ISO compliant institution since 2005 and is presently certified as an ISO 9001:2008 institution. UPES has also earned status of ISO 14001:2004.
- UPES has been granted membership of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), effective from November 2009. UPES is also recognized as a "Research Institution" by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR).
Awards & Accolades:
- Awarded at World Education Submit 2013.
- UPES is only Asian University to receive the prestigious World Oil Award.
- Best Innovative University Award awarded by Hon'ble Minister of Human Resources Development, Mr. M. M. Pallam Raju at the ASSOCHAM Education Excellence Awards in New Delhi.
- GRIHA (National Green Building Rating System) four star rating awarded to UPES Campus by Honorable President of India, Shri. Pranab Mukherjee at a function in Vigyan Bhawan.
- Awarded at the 11th Annual World Oil Awards 2012 by World Oil Magazine and sponsored by Gulf Publishing Company at Houston, Texas USA.
- Awarded by INDY's Group of Stars of the Industry Group at the 6th Indy's Award Ceremony under the category of Indy's Best B-School Awards in Mumbai.
Conference & Seminars:
- 1st Aerospace HR Round Table: The inaugural edition of the Aerospace HR Round Table conference took place on Saturday, the February 22, 2014 at the prestigious Leela Palace Hotel at Bengaluru on the theme “Challenges & Opportunities for Talent Management in Aerospace Industry”.
- Innovate India 2014' hosted by UPES: UPES hosted 'Innovate India 2014’ on Campus in association with Uttarakhand State Council of Science and Technology (UCOST), Dehradun. The “Innovate India – 2014”, an annual event organized by the National Research and Development Council (NRDC), New Delhi and supported by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) and Ministry of Science and Technology (MST), Govt. of India.
- International Conference on Management of Infrastructure (ICMI): International Conference on Management of Infrastructure (ICMI) received a tremendous response.
- UURJA: It is the annual cultural youth festival of UPES, the event is full of vigor and energy of faculty, students, participating from various universities and colleges across India and sponsors from various national and local level organizations. It is an interactive ground for dynamic youth from various universities and colleges across the country.
- UPES Awarded The "Best Global Education / Training Provider 2008" by Getenergy, UK
- Best Innovative University Award 2013-Presented At Assocham Education Excellence Award
- B-school with innovation leadership award and B-School with Excellent Industry Interface 2010- Awarded by B-school affairs at Suntech, Singapore under the category of Asia’s best B school awards
- Outstanding Petroleum University awarded at the 11th Annual World Oil Awards 2012 by World Oil Magazine and sponsored by Gulf Publishing Company at Houston, Texas USA
- Best B-School with Excellent Industry Interface 2009 at Dainik Bhaskar B-School Leadership Awards
- Scholarship will be offered to students securing an aggregate of 85% marks in class XII & 90% marks in PCM for B. Tech. (All Streams) in CBSE or ICSE Examination Board passing out in 2014. Such Scholarships will be limited to 5% of seats in B. Tech. Program.
- Scholarships will be given on the basis of Merit only.
- Continuation of Scholarship in the subsequent year will be as per the University policy.
Hostel For : Male
The university has 5 hostel blocks with capacity of 1045 students available of first come first serve basis
The facilities include hot water during winters in the bathrooms, Wi-Fi connection, TV, sports and basic need shops within the campus. Hostel facility is available with limited seats for boys and girls.
- Comp Labs