Dr. C.V. Raman University was established on 3rd November 2006. It has established itself as a premier world class University in Chhattisgarh, and more importantly, in Central India as the Research & Education hub of Professional Courses ranging from diverse fields like Management, Science, Arts, Law, Naturopathy and many more.
- The University also encourages the students to participate in extra-curricular activities like dance, music, debate etc.
- Dr. C.V. Raman University is recognized under Section 2(f), of the UGC Act.
- The University was established by the All India Society for Electronics & Computer Technology (AISECT).
- AISECT is the organization that is sponsoring the University. AISECT was set up in the middle of the 80s decade. Presently it is country’s biggest organization for AIT training and its educational services benefits above 5000 centres which are lying across 30 states and also the Union territories of India.
More than 85,000 students with quality education.
The campus area boats of having over 33 acres of land.
- Recognitions include, AICTE, NCTE and DEC.
- Member of AIU (Association of Indian Universities)
- It is the first University in the state of Chhattisgarh to be awarded an ISO:9001-2008 Certification
- Recognized by BCI
Research & Development Programmes – The departments of the University (all departments) are providing for many research and development programmes so that the students can go and aim for higher education.
The Dr. C.V. Raman University looks forward to have every single alumnus, playing a significant role in various university processes. This portal will help both the university and the alumni keep in touch with each other. The alumni can get information regarding the University, fellow students, meets, juniors, conferences, featured alumni and their success stories using this portal.
The state of Chhattisgarh in central India is a small paradise, situated at the heart of the country, not only known for its exceptional scenic beauty but also for its rich cultural history, dating back to thousands of years. Chhattisgarh has its own unique forms of music, dances, cuisines, tribal festivals and more, offering an enriched environment for cultural and social development.
Voice of Bilaspur & Voice of CVRU: CVRU encourages its students to explore their talents and organizes a special event named 'Voice of Bilaspur' every year to provide a platform to showcase the student’s talents. This program is in collaboration with 94.3 My F.M.
Raman Radio: The community radio station of the University, ‘Radio Raman’ is broadcasted on 90.4 M.HZ. The students will be taught the various aspects of radio broadcasting and the communication is designed in such a way that the youth will progress towards their employment and the common man will imbibe a meaningful insight towards their rights, duties, and liabilities through radio programs, prepared and broadcasted by CVRU.
Scheduled Events and Activities
- Annual Day Celebration
- Essay Writing
- Flower Decoration
Sports: University believes that sports is an effective teaching tool when it comes to inculcating a sense of teamwork among the students. There are a plethora of sports activities to choose from like, Cricket, Football, Volleyball, Kabaddi, Table Tennis, Hockey, Kho-Kho, Basketball and Tennis.
Sports Highlights and Achievements
- Eleven Universities from the state participated in the T-20 Cricket last December. CVRU’s performance in the initial matches were exemplary.
- CVRU also participated in the state level Judo and Volleyball championships.
- Ku Yamini Jaiswal (M.Phil) was awarded the Pankaj Vikram Puraskar, 2009-10.
- Rajesh Banjare (B.C.A) participated at national level Volleyball championships three times. He was later recruited by the Department of Police under the sports quota
- Yuvraj Srivastav (coach) was awarded the Gold medal at the Mini Olympiad, under the category for 63 kgs - Wrestling (district level).
- Mayank Khoonte (B.E) was awarded the Gold medal in Mini Olympiad (district level) under the category for wrestling, whereas Atul Ku Mishra (M.B.A), Abhishek Kujoor and Viraavi Khusro (B.E) won Silver medals.
- Annual Sports Competition
- CVRU in Inter-university Sports Activity
- CVRU in Mni Olympiad
Dr. C.V. Raman University provides a student-centric service program, which is the National Service Scheme (NSS) & is complementary to education. This program is noble experiment in academic session, which inculcates the spirit of voluntary work among students as well as teachers through community interaction. This endeavor is an Indian Government sponsor program under the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India. During its 42 years of fruitful existence, more than 3 Crore students have benefitted from this large student volunteer program so far.
- The library is the hub of academic student life on campus. The Dr. C.V. Raman University houses a spacious library, stocked with more than 40,000 books, 5,000 titles and thousands of CDs, journals and reports that cover all subjects pertinent to the courses.
- The CVRU library consists of a Central Library & separate Department Libraries to help students and faculties alike have easy access to course and reference materials through a membership card.
- The library has a total seating capacity of 600 with an Integrated Information System in place.
- It houses a collection of over 200 video lectures, delivered by IIT faculties on various undergraduate courses.
- The University provides separate accommodation for both boys and girls from outside Bilaspur. Mess facility is also available. The student must submit his preferences for accommodation early in the process of admission.
- Currently the hostel block houses more than 150 students. All hostels comprise of main office, security room and a guest house. The two boys blocks are called Tagore Block and Gandhi Block.
- The University helps provide financial aid for students. Scholarships are awarded by the Chhattisgarh Government only to those SC/ST/OBC students whose parent’s total income is below rs. 2 lakh per annum.
- Scholarship Distribution Ceremony: CVRU is one of the few universities in the country which holds a special ceremony to distribute scholarships to the meritorious students.
- Bank Loan Assistance: CVRU provides complete assistance regarding the study of loan facilities to incorporate prestigious banks like Bank of India, Punjab National Bank and State Bank of India etc.
- Educational Loan Amount:Student may apply for a loan of up to Rs. 4 lakh from any bank.
- Comp Labs