- Deemed University
- Counted amongst the first eight Regional Engineering Colleges (RECs)
- An Institute of National Importance
- Good placement record
- Qualified faculty
- State of Art Infrastructure
- Ragging free campus
NIT Jamshedpur has established its own Training and Placement Cell to impart placement opportunities to its students.
- Provides summer training
- Industrial visits
- Conducts campus interviews
- Conducts group discussions, tests and interviews
- Pre-placement talks
Placement statistics of 2013 batch:
|Name of the Company ||No. of Students Placed ||Name of the Company ||No. of Students Placed |
|ABB ||3 ||BPCL ||8 |
|ACC Ltd. ||6 ||Comviva ||14 |
|Adhunik Group ||5 ||Ericsson ||22 |
|Allgo Systems ||6 ||IBM ||29 |
|Amdocs ||11 ||INFOSYS ||48 |
|Aricent ||27 ||Kony Labs ||14 |
|Atos ||7 ||Shree Cements ||14 |
Top Recruiting Companies
Listed are top recruiters:
- L & T
- ACC Cements
- L & T IES
- Skytech Solutions
- L & T Heavy Engg.
- SnP Capital IQ
- Adage Auto
- FMC Technologies
- L & T Ltd.
- Soma Enterprise
- Adani Group
- Gammon India
- Lafarge India
- Sony India
- Ador Welding
- Gati Infrastructure
- Adhunik Steel
- Global Logic
- Mahindra British Telecom
- Mahindra (FES)
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Suzuki Powertrain
- Allgo Systems
- HCL Infinet
- Maruti Syntel
NIT Jamshedpur offers residential facilities to its students with all the modern amenities.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
NIT Jamshedpur provides several facilities for its students needed for their well being and overall development such as Library, Computer Center, Bus Facility etc.
Facilities provided are:
- Central Digital Library
- Computer Center
- Bank and Post Office
- Student Activity Center
- Guest House
- Bus Service
- Central Store
- Health Center
- Sports Facility
- Hostels and departments are connected with high speed WAN
- Dr. Anil Kumar Choudhary
- Dr. Danish Ali khan
- Mr. Rajiv Ranjan Suman
- Prof. Amar Nath Thakur
- Prof. (Dr.) R.K.Prasad
Established in 1960, National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur is country's prestigious engineering college based in Jamshedpur, the heart of the rich mineral and industrial belt of Jharkhand state.
- Earlier it was known as Regional Institute of Technology
- It aims at producing skilled technical graduates for the country
- In 2002, it was converted into National Institute of Technology with the deemed university status
- NIT Jamshedpur is fully funded and governed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India
- Currently, it has 12 departments including engineering, science and humanities with 120 faculty, 3000 students, and 150 administrative and supporting staff
- Mr. C. B. K. Rao: Managing Director, Delhi Metro Project.
- Mr. R.T. Singh: Served as CMD, Bharat Bhari Udyog Nigam Limited, and at present he is G.M. Operations at Tata Motors, Jamshedpur.
- Prof. Chitranjan Sahay: Chairman of Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Hartford, USA.
- Mr. P. K. Goel : Advisor, Ministry of Small Scale Industries, Government of India.
- Mr. Arun Gauba: Additional Director(QA), Ministry of Defense, Government of India.
- Prof. A. K. Lahiri: Head, Metallurgical Engineering Department, IISc Bangalore.
- Mr. P. Narayan: G.M., Indian Security Press, Nasik, Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
- Mr. Sanjeev Paul: Managing Director, Jamshedpur Utility Services Co., Jamshedpur.