- MoUs and active collaborations with several institutions
- Country's first research series on 'Comparative Management Practices in Asia'
- Awarded as Best Placements in North India
- Highest package accepted was INR 18.50 LPA
- Pioneer in IPR education in the country
- World class IT infrastructure and a rich software repository
- Strong alumni network
- The Campus Relations Team is a student elected body that interacts with the companies on a continuous basis, to bring the optimum and best-fit career opportunities to the students of DMS for their summers, winters and final placements.
- The team plays an integral and vital role in building the DMS brand in the corporate world.
- The team intends to foster functional, mutually beneficial and long-term relationships within its corporate and industrial networks.
- The team focuses on the wholesome approach, aptly titled the 'Campus Engagement Program', and aims to involve the potential employers and recruiters throughout the year, in a variety of avenues, such as Summer & Winter Internships, Guest Lectures, Live Projects, Final placements among others.
- The team, being in constant contact with the corporate world, is in the best position to understand the changing needs of the industry.
- Having understood the current needs, team also takes an initiative in conducting workshops aiming to provide and further enhance the skill sets of the students.
Top Recruiting Companies
- American Express
- Citi Bank
- SMC capital
- Gofrej lifestyle
- Ernst & young
and many more
Rankings & Awards
- Stanford Ranking: DMS Ranks 2nd
- ED Universal : DMS Ranks 5th (2012)
- Career 360 : DMS Ranked 7th
- Business Standard : DMS in Super League 2 , Rank 9 Overall
- Business World : DMS Ranked 11th Overall
- Ranked 7th in Placements
- Ranked 9th in Pedagogy
- Ranked 8th in Perceptual Survey
- Ranked 9th by Faculty
- Ranked 10th by Industry
- Ranked 6th by Aspirants
- The Week : DMS Ranked 10th Overall
- TED Universal: DMS Ranks 7th (2010)
- The thirteen Student Hostels at IIT Delhi are named after the mountain ranges of India. The eleven Boys' Hostels and two Girls' Hostels house around 5000 IITians.
-Kailash Hostel (for Girls)
-Himadri Hostel (for Girls)
- Each hostel is self-contained with a mess, common room, reading room, indoor games room, gym and other such facilities.
- The rooms are provided with internet through a 10 Mbps leased line.
- There is a Warden-in-charge of every hostel.
- An elected student body with House Secretary, Mess Secretary, Cultural Secretary, Sports Secretaries, and Secretaries for various functions and along club representatives run the hostel functions and ensure that the stay in hostel is memorable.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
DMS is situated inside IIT Delhi campus sprawled across 320 acres.
- Administrative Building and Lecture Halls: There are 5 fully air-conditioned Wi-Fi enabled lecture theatres equipped with LCD projectors.The Department also has syndicate rooms, various meeting rooms and a cafeteria.
- Library: The Central Library of IIT Delhi has over 300,000 books (out of which over 21,000 pertain to management). DMS has its own library too, which houses not only a big collection of management books but also one of the biggest collections of management-related fieldwork reports available in any institution.
- Auditorium: The auditorium has a seating capacity of over 150 and hosts numerous guest lectures, seminars and other programmes.
- Computing facilities: Along with wi-fi campus, IIT Delhi DMS offers excellent computing facilities too. It large collection of software packages (SPSS, Hummingbird Knowledge Management Suite, Baan IV ERP Suite, SAS, iThink System Dynamics Simulator etc.) available in the laboratories.
- Hostels: IIT Delhi has thirteen hostels in all 11 mens hostels called Udaigiri, Vindhyachal, Aravali, Satpura, Karakoram, Shivalik, Jwalamukhi, Kumaon, Zanskar, Nilgiri and Girnar; and 2 ladies hostels called Kailash and Himadri.
- Post Office
- Branches of SBI and Canara Banks
- Well-equipped laboratories such as Research Lab, Computer Lab, Simulation Lab, Behavioural lab, Strategy and Competitiveness Lab, IPR Cell, and ED Cell
- Sports and recreational facilities including grounds for hockey, football and cricket; basketball, volleyball, badminton and tennis courts, music rooms, a large dark room, hobbies workshop along with a multi-equipment gym and a swimming pool.
- IIT Delhi campus has huge Amphitheatre, which can accommodate 3,500 persons.
- Events organized are an annual inter-college cultural festival Rendezvous, art and craft festival Utsav, Parivartan - annual business fest, Building India Inc - annual business summit, Confluence - the Idea series, CEO Conclave, Media Conclave, Alumni Meets etc.
- Student-run clubs include the Dramatics Club, Music Club, Indoor Sports Club, Photography Society, Fine Arts Society, Hobbies Society, Publicity Cell, English Debating and Literacy Club, Hindi Samiti, Quizzing Club, Film Series Committee and Lecture Series Committee etc.
- Options outside campus include several restaurants and pubs in the Safdarjung Development Area (SDA) market, just outside the gate of IIT Delhi. HauzKhas in South Delhi, QutubMinar complex and other monuments in Delhi nearby are some of the favourite haunts of DMS students.
- Prof. (Dr.) Kanika T. Bhal, (Ph.D. IIT/K)
- Prof. (Dr.) S. K. Jain, (Ph.D., IIT/K)
- (Dr.) Surendra S Yadav, (Ph.D., Paris)
- Prof. (Dr.) Vinayshil Gautam,(Ph.D., FRAS (London))
- Prof. (Dr.) P. K. Jain, (Ph.D., Delhi University)
and amny more...
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi or DMS, IIT Delhi was established in 1997. Situated inside the 350-acre campus of IIT Delhi, DMS is pioneer in Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) education in India.
- More than 40 Ph.D. scholars at DMS IITD are researching on various aspects of management.
- The faculty of the Department has been invited to various international activities and assignments in over two dozen countries ranging from Canada to Australia and from Japan to Mexico.
- DMS focuses on "Systems Thinking" and "Process Oriented" approach to learning.
- It also emphasizes on Entrepreneurship Development and aims to create successful future Business ventures with the support of SIDBI and FITT.
- Till date in more than three decades of existence over seven dozen PhDs have been produced.
- The Department faculty has published over five (5) dozen books and over 1000 papers in various journals and conference volumes.
The Department has MoUs and active collaborations with several institutions such as:
- Asian Development Bank, Manila Philippines
- Commonwealth University, Marlborough House, Pall Mall London
- L'Ecole Des Mines De Nantes, Nantes Cedex France
- Fachochchule Dusseldorf (FHD), Dusseldorf Germany
- Ecole Polytechnique Federal De Lausanne Switzerland
- German Universities of Applied Sciences, Esslingen Germany
- Kungliga Teknisha Hogskalan, Stockholm Sweden
- University of Waterloo Canada
- The TU9 German Institute for Technology Germany
and many more...
- Sandeep Malhotra- Sr.Director, ICICI Venture
- Rajnish Rastogi - Head of Equity, Motilal Oswal
- Pearl Uppal - Founder, 5 inc
- Amit Tandon- Managing Director, Empyrean Partners
- Arvind Girotra- Senior Manager, Ernst & Young