Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU) is all set to offer exactly the same in the form of quality education. MDU, through its superior quality regime is all set to explore the world of total and holistic development in various spheres of knowledge. Located in a sprawling campus in the historic city of Rohtak in Haryana, the Maharshi Dayanand University is an ideal blend of art and architecture.
- Strategically located in about 75 kms to the West of Delhi, one can catch either the Delhi- Hisar-Ganganagar National Highway or the Delhi- Ferozepur Highway. The 5-minute bus service from Delhi or Rohtak is a major milestone in comfortable travel
- MDU, the erstwhile Rohtak University came into existence by virtue of Act No 25 of Haryana Legislative Assembly in 1976. The University was rechristened Maharshi Dayanand University in 1977 and became an affiliating University from 1978
- Promoting inter-disciplinary higher education and research in diversified fields of environmental, ecological and life sciences have been the key credentials of achievement of comprehensive growth and success in various fields
- Alumni of the University are a replica of professionalism, impeccable integrity and are immensely qualified persona of substance. Prominent alumni of Maharshi Dayanand University include persons of substance, well versed in various fields like Hindi, Chemistry, Law, Botany, Environment Sciences and many other areas as well
- Some of the prominent alumni from the Department of Law include Shree Mahesh Agarwal, (IPS), Justice Shree Suryakant (Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana Court) and Shri Rajendar Kumar (Managing Director of Nikhar Chemical Pvt Ltd). The list is not exhaustive as many eminent persons have passed out from this prestigious University
- MDU has affiliations and provisional affiliations to many Degree, Law and Engineering Colleges
- The University has been awarded ‘A’ grade by the NAAC
- The University also maintains the University Institute of Law and Management Studies in Gurgaon and the Indira Gandhi PG Regional Centre at Meerpur, Rewari
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Economics
- Department of Education
- Department of Fine Arts
- Department of Food Technology
- Department of Genetics
- Department of Geography
- Department of Hindi
- Department of History
- Department of Law
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Microbiology
National Service Scheme (NSS)
In order to understand, appreciate and imbibe the socio economic conditions, the NSS provides an apt platform for the students to cope with the changes and challenges of the ever changing social economic conditions and scenario. It encourages the enrolled students to explore the social consciousness through its community services. It encourages the students to participate in a 7 day special camp every year. Youth festivals, National Integration Camps and Adventure programmes are a star-studded attraction.
Career Counseling and Placement Cell
In order to enable the students cater the varied requirements to equip and train themselves in educational and vocational planning, the Career Counseling and Placement Cell provides an apt platform. It organizes and conducts various programmes and workshops for personality development.
Foreign Students’ Cell
With a full-fledged Foreign Students Cell, the university caters the needs of Foreign Students by providing guidance and helping them through a single window system.
- Sprawling over a magnificent residential campus for over 2500 students in 10 hostels.
- MDU boasts of 5 boys’ hostels and 5 girls’ hostels
- Provision of caring environment and a completely recreative philosophy has been the twin tenets of the all-round development in education
- The building - with a floor area of 84,000 sq. ft.
- It has the capacity to accommodate more than 3 lakh volumes of books and bound journals in its stack areas
- Reading Halls with capacity for 1200 readers including a 24-hour Reading Hall with capacity for 250 readers
- It has 13 Scholars’ Rooms, a Committee Room-cum-Videoconferencing Hall, and so on
- The Library has five satellite libraries – Law Library, IMSAR Library, and UIET. Library, Math Library and Hotel & Tourism Library
- Online access is provided to 8000 e-Journals through UGC- Infonet
University Health Center
With a full time doctor and a well trained team of para medical staff, the University Health Center provides a haven of superior health care facilities. Catering the varied needs of health care for employees and student fraternity has been the service point for enhancing educational excellence.
Scholarships and Stipends:
- University Special Scholarship
- University Merit Scholarship
- Kalpana Chawla Memorial Scholarship
- Scholarship for P.G. Diploma in Translation
- All India Commerce Conference Commemorative Scholarship
- Stipends for the students of SC/BC categories
- Stipends awarded by the District Soldiers
- Sailors and Airmen’s Boards
- Comp Labs