Maharishi Markandeshwar University (MMU), Ambala was established in 1993. Erstwhile known as Maharishi Markandeshwar Education Trust was founded with the objective of social, educational and economic upliftment of society in the name of Lord Shiva’s devotee, Maharishi Markandeshwar Ji.
The vision of the MMU is to develop better than the best professionals for the economic development of the country. Their mission is to prepare students with an integrated & technology oriented education for a better career and to be worthy citizens of a global society.
The institutes under MMU are also approved by the regulatory bodies like Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India, Indian Nursing Council, Indian Association of Physiotherapists, All India Council for Technical Education etc.
University and its institutes are being in top in education here are some of facts
- Empanelled with ICCRNASA System Engineering Award
- Department of Law gets Overall 7th Ranks (FLAIR TALK SURVEY 2014)
- MMIMSR gets Four Star ranking (Pioneer survey April 2013)
- MMIM RANKED A++ by Go-Getter magazine survey, April 2013
- University is ISO 9001:2008 Certified
Institutions:- Constituent institutions which come under this university include:
- MM Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
- MM Institute of Modelling
- MM College of Dental Sciences & Research
- MM Engineering College
- MM Institute of Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
- MM Institute of Computer Technology & Business Management (Hotel Management)
- MM Institute of Computer Technology & Business Management (MCA)
- MM Institute of Management
- MM College of Nursing
- MM Institute of Law
- MM International School
- MM Institute of Film Acting
- Cultural Activities
- Industrial Visits
- World class infrastructure:- A 3-star Hotel-cum-Resort with facility of a five star hotel has been opened to provide accommodation to visitors and also to act as Laboratory for the students of its Institute of Hotel Management
- Auditoriums:- There are auditorium with seating capacity of about 1500 peoples and an open air theater in which 2500 people can seat. Most of the Cultural events of the University are conducted at the auditoriums and in the open air theater
- M.M. University is having more than 14 Libraries in its fold.
- University collection comprising Books, Cd’s, Videos, Thesis, Standards and Back Volumes in all Campus Libraries came to 155388 with 30520 nos. of titles.
- The University Subscribes to 5078 Journals. More than 1500 seats are available for its users to be accommodated at a time. We have membership of National Networks, such as, NPTEL, INFLIBNET and DELNET etc.
- The collections of various institutions in India and overseas are accessible to our users for searching.
- Universumm- It is inter-university and national level cultural fest conducted by the university in which students from various colleges participate to show case their talents.
India’s Private Engineering College
Top 50 private Business Schools
University in state of Haryana
India’s top 30 privates Hotel Management Institutes
- Comp Labs