Dharmsinh Desai University (DDU), a state university, is one of the lading higher education institutes of Gujarat. It was established as Dharmsinh Desai Institute of Technology with one Department of Chemical Engineering. It achieved autonomous status under Gujarat University in 1991 and Deemed University status in June 2000. It achieved full university status in 2005. It aims to provide technical education and prepare students for the needs of the industry. It is recognized by UGC.
Facts & Figures of Dharmsinh Desai University:
Shri Dharmsinh Dadubhai Desai
51,875 Books and 181 Journals and 6723 Online Journals
Sprawling over 42 Acres in Nadiad, Gujarat
How to reach
- 3.6 km from RTO Circle Bus Stop, Subhash Nagar, Nadiad
- 4.0 km from Railway Station, Subhash Nagar, Nadiad
Why to Join Dharmsinh Desai University:
- Nanotechnology Course: It is the first university of Gujarat to get permission of start a Nanotechnology course.
- Accolades: The University has awarded by the Oxford Summit of Leaders as the best regional university. This is the first time the Oxford Group has given this award to a university outside Europe.
- Collaboration for Research and Training: It has links with KHS Germany for training students abroad and Infosys for students training under the campus network. It has links with industries such as Reliance Industries for research, It has a MoU with the University of Iowa, USA
- Comp Labs