PES University was established in 1972 at Bangalore, the Silicon Valley of India. PES is focused on four main educational areas: Engineering, Medicine, Management and Life Sciences.
- PES University was formerly known as PES Institute of Technology, It was renamed in 2013
- The institutions offer both foundation courses in these areas, as well as specialization with a Bachelors/ Master/ PhD Degree
- The university today has more than 20,000 students spread across four different campuses in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
- Research Centers are more in the nature of a team of students with common interests
- Research Domain Area are computer science, Mechanical, Bio-technology, Electronic and electrical
- Academic year of 2012-13 and a total of 615 students were placed in top companies
- This previous number is expected to be surpassed by a big margin this academic year as already 547 students have been placed
- Celesta : College cultural day
- Vistas : National-level management fest
- Prakalpa : Exhibition featuring the best projects of each department
- Conquiztador : The Annual High School Quizzing Championship for the Dr. M R Doreswamy Trophy for Quizzing Excellence
- Library has a collection of Books (88893), E-Books (13004)
- There are Print Journals ( 335 ) and E-Journals (6107)
- Bound Volumes (3109),Project Reports (1371)are also available
- CD-ROM’s (6336)
- Many indoor & outdoor games are conducted in PES.
- At PES, 40 different computer laboratories across the campuses house over a thousand computers for use by students and staff.
- DebSoc - The Debating Society of PES University
- Ninaada - Indian cultural forum
- Pixels - Photography Club
- PES Talkies - Pesit's exclusive club for intellectual discussions
- QQC - Quotient Quiz Club
- Sequitur : Annual science fest organized by the Science and Humanities Department
- Comp Labs