Rajiv Gandhi University (RJU, Itanagar was established in the year of 1984 in the state of Arunachal Pradesh. RJU was formerly known as Arunachal University. The University is located at top Rono Hills and campus is spread in 302 acres in land. It is 6.5 km away from the National Highway 52-A and 25 km away from Itanagar, the State capital. The campus is linked with the National Highway by a Dikrong bridge.
In the year of 2007, the university converted into a central university as per the notification of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
- It is recognized by University Grant Commission
- There are fifteen colleges affiliated to the University
- Faculty of Basic Science
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Social Science
- Faculty of Commerce & Management
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Faculty of Life Science
- Faculty of Environmental Science
- Faculty of Information Technology
- The Library has about 54,519 volumes of books
- It subscribes 12 Foreign, 66 national Journals, 14 Newspapers, 15 popular magazines and 5,587 e-Journals.
- The university has 6 hostel for boys and girls
- Total accommodation of 491 students
- University has indoor games facility like Badminton court, table tennis and carom etc.
- Outdoor games facility like basketball, volleyball, cricket and football etc.
- Comp Labs