Jain University is one of the best Universities in Karnataka and also in the rest of India. Since its inception, it has been on the fore front and has been providing the students with the best of education and educational facilities.
- It was then named as Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College (SBMJC).
- It had been declared ‘Deemed’ under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Union Government through notification No. F-9-57/2007-U.3 (A) Ministry of HRD, Government of India dated the December 19th, 2008 and the July 24th, 2009.
- It has always being promoted by the Jain University Trust. The Trust is looked after by the JGI Group.
- There are sixty numbers of innovative programs being offered by Jain University.
- Degrees are conferred in the subjects like Social Sciences & Humanities, Engineering Science and Technology, Physical & Life Sciences, Management and Commerce and Languages.
About Jain University:
UGC and AICTE, New Delhi
No of Campus
Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific (AUAP)
Located at 91/2, Dr. A.N. Krishna Rao Road, V.V. Puram, Bangalore.
How to Travel
- The distance is approximately 48 kms From the New Bangalore International Airport
- Take the Bus from Central (Majestic) Railway Station and Kempegowda Bus stand
It has signed a MoU with a leading ICAR institution, National Aerospace Laboratory (NLR), Amsterdam, Netherlands, Concordia University, and University of Central Oklahoma, Oklahoma etc.
- Department of Sciences
- Department of Languages
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Management
- Department of Engineering & Technology
- Department of Social Sciences and Humanities
There are various brilliant research centers in this University. They are as follows:
- Centre for Disaster Mitigation
- RCJ Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Centre for Emerging Technologies
- Centre for Ancient Indian History & Culture
- Centre for Research in Pure and Applied Sciences
- Centre for Research in Social Sciences and Education
- International Institute for Aerospace Engineering and Management.
- National Service Scheme
- National Cadet Corps
The facilities that is been provided in the University are very much in tandem with the aims and aspirations, needs and desires of the students. Some of them are as follows:
- The library is very well armed with a huge number of books, periodicals, journals and the like.
- There are CDs, DVDs kept for the users.
- There are journals from both national and international stand.
- The scenery is provided with lush green surroundings.
- There is separate housing for the girls and the boys.
- The rooms are very spacious and provides for attached kitchen facilities and bathrooms and the like.
- The campus having 160 acres of land provides for top class facilities and infrastructures for games and sports.
- Spintoor, an indoor stadium, has an area of 80,000 sq feet.
- One can play and participate in various games and sports like Basketball, Football, Athletics, Golf Course, Hockey, Multi-Gym and Tennis courts.
- Cyclothon: Fest by Business School Management.
- TMALDEN: Organized by School of Commerce and Management Studies
- Ranked no. 1 among the privately funded universities in India
- Ranked 22 among the top 50 universities in INDIA by India Today.
- Comp Labs