- Affiliated to Symbiosis International University.
- Novel, contemporary, globally relevant, holistic curriculum.
- Centre of Excellence in Advertising & Public Relations.
- 4th Best Media Communication School - South India
- Three internships with NGOs/ Corporates/ Agencies and seven Live Projects.
- Placements in Top-Nortch companies
- NGO Internships- The SIMC-B academic course structure includes an internship with a Non-Government Organization(NGO). This enables the students to contribute towards the existing work done by NGOs in serving the society.
- Live Projects- Here at SIMC-B, students are required to undertake minimum four projects in the course of two years.
- Internships- Internships are at the core of a course such as ours, as they expose the students to the real work arena. Students have got internships in companies like Ogilvy and Mather, Leo Burnett, McCann Erickson, Taproot, Percept, Radio Mirchi, Saatchi & Saatchi, Hanmer and lots more.
Top Recruiting Companies
- Advertising Agencies: Leo Burnett, FCB Ulka, Mudra, BBDO, Dentsu Marcom, Mccann Erickson, Ogilvy,Law & Kenneth
- Media agencies: Madison, Lodestar, Mediacomm.
- PR Agencies: Edelman, Perfect Relations, Hanmer MSL ,Vaishnavi
- Event & activation agencies: Wizcraft, Encompass, Innobella, Grey.
- Brand solution agencies: DMA, Synapse.
- Media houses: Next Gen Publications, My FM, Star CJ, VIACOM18, Neo Sports
- Market Research firms: Quantum, Hansa Market Research.
- Corporates: ICICI Bank, HP, ACC, Vedanta, Drive India, LG, Cognizant, TATA Power.
and many more....
Rankings & Awards
SIMC has been ranked as fifth best Media School in Outlook Rankings 2011.
Campus has hostel facility for girls that is fully Wi-Fi enabled.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Computer Laboratory-SIMC-B has a world class, state-of-the-art Computer Lab which includes powerful servers, dedicated internet and email access, desktops PCs and laser / DeskJet / dot- matrix printers. For the Internet, there is 24x7 connectivity through two leased lines with 512 KBPS each. The labs are equipped with firewall and content filtering tools with the latest Antivirus Gateway level Scanning.
- Canteen-Our canteen is not only a place for gourmet delights but also a venue for a mlange of ideas and views to converge and give rise to innovative ventures. The mess offers vegetarian delicacies and caters to diverse palates. Nutritious, sumptuous food is prepared that is not only delicious but also adheres to strict standards of hygiene.
- Health & Medical Care/Gym- The Symbiosis Center of Health Care, SCHC, provides an in house, modern, state-of- the-art Health Club & Fitness Centre with a view to facilitating a holistic development of the mind, body and soul of our students. Each student is insured under the Mediclaim & Road Traffic Accident Policy.
- Mr B Sunil, Assistant Professor and Deputy Director
- Ms Shabista Booshan, Assistant Professor
- Dr Shashikala Patil, Assistant Professor
- Mr Ved Srinivas, Assistant Professor
and many more....
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Bengaluru, SIMC-B, has carved a niche in Media and Communication through its MBA program in Communication Management. It has been deemed as the Centre of Excellence in Advertising & Public Relations.
- At SIMC-B, learning is a participative and interactive activity.
- The Curriculum is contemporary, fluid, dynamic and totally industry driven. The state of the art, expansive, inviting ambience of SIMC-B has all the facilities that a top- notch Media and Communication Professional institute needs. SIMC-B aims to serve the multi-faceted needs of the Media and Communication industry in particular, and the society in general, through education, training, research and advocacy.
- It seeks to develop competent, responsible and innovative professionals in the practice, development and management of Media and Communication.
- The academic program is holistic - involving group discussions, case studies, seminars and workshops, live projects, NGO Internships, besides summer and winter Internships. Equal emphasis is laid upon curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- The Graduates of our MBA in Communication Management, specializing in Advertising and Public Relations, ideally fit into the areas of Advertising, Advertising Creatives, Client Servicing, Brand Management, Brand Development, Marketing, Marketing Communication, Market Research, Media Planning, Media Buying & Selling, Public Relations, Internal Communication, Employee Relations, Corporate Communication, Business Development, Event Management, Print, Broadcast, Electronic and Digital Media and associated fields.