Fakir Mohan University is Orissa’s pride. Students are finding the University as the best place because of the facilities and the level of education.
- The University is situated at Vyasa Vihar, Balasore, Orissa.
- It was set up by the Orissa Government vide Section 32 of the Orissa University Act, 1989 (Act 5 of 1989).
- The University got its due as a University by the UGC under the Section 2(f) of the UGC Act.
- The University has also been accredited by the Association of Indian Universities.
- The University got its name after the legendary and celebrated Godfather of Oriya literature Fakir Mohan Senapati.
- The University carved out and took birth from the Utkal University.
- At present there are 500 plus colleges and about 3.5 lakhs graduates and postgraduate students. The numbers are simply awesome.
- The University has also provided with the chance of studying from home. Distance Education is the best option for those who do not have the scope to study regularly.
- Not only that, the University also provides for the chances for employed persons to tae\ke up the distance courses.
- There are many faculties and departments that have been provided in this University.
- The courses are very much updated and also provide the students with the best of learning and knowledge.
Training and Placement Cell – The students are given ample scope to interact and thus to create job opportunities for themselves. The Cell provides for all the facilities about placement and training. The students are able to face the interviews that are being conducted for them and their jobs.
- National Conference :March 06- 07, 2012 : I & CT Dept : Last Date of Submission of Full Paper 15.02.12
- National Seminar : March 19-20 , 2012 : Social Science Dept : Paper Call Invitation: Last Date of Submission of Full Paper : 15 March 2012
- National Seminar : 21 January 2012 : Applied Physics & Ballistics Dept : Paper Call Invitation : Last Date of Submission of Full Paper : 20.12.2011
- National Seminar : Business Management Dept : Paper Call Invitation : Last Date of Submission of Full Paper : 30.12.2011
- Workshop UGC Sponsored 20 to 24 December 2012 Last Date of Apply: 30.11.12
- Workshop on Capacty Building for Researchers : 26-18 April 2012: Social Science Dept. : Last Date to apply - 31.03.2012.
- University Student's Cultural Council: This Council organizes for many cultural programmers. The University gives the scope to each and every student to take part in various cultural programs so that their talents can come up in the front. The University is the very best in these aspects also. These extracurricular activities are very much fascinating.
- University Sports Council: The University Sports Council provides for many sports competition and meets. The students are finding these activities very exciting and interesting. There are various inter-state and University level competitions that are being held. The students are given ample scope to participate in the games and sports.
- NSS – The University has been organizing varied social service or work programs. The programs are held in the campus itself.
- Personal Advisory System – The University is providing for the provision of a system in which the interaction between the teachers and the students gets more fluid. Thus it haloes the students to interact freely.
Hostels – Two hostels have been provided by the University. One is meant exclusively for the boys. The other is for the girls. The hostels are very spacious and provide the best of facilities.
Laboratories – The University provides for a well made laboratory for the students. There are many laboratories.
- Computer Lab.
- Environmental Science Lab.
- Biotechnology Lab.
- The department of Population Studies too provides for a great lab.
University Library - The University Library must have a huge collection so that it can be helpful to the students.
- There are about 15,431 books, 52 journals along with the seating capacity of 60 students at a time.
- There is reading room, reprographic facility and above all Journal section. Digitization of the library is in the pipeline.
- The University joined a project named Project Brihaspati in partnership with IIT, Kanpur. It will provide an easy admittance to the outside by the visualized class room system.
Central Computing facilities – Located in the Department of Information and communication Technology, it took birth out of MP LAD fund.
- Teachers, students and others can use it and has been using it also.
- There is software packages also provided. Internet facility has also been provided for.
University Health center – There are two doctors (honorary) at the students’ service in any case they may need. One doctor is a specialist in medicine and the other is a Gynecologist. They are employed on ‘part timely’. Students are safe here.
Annual memorial lecture series- The University has been organizing a series of stunning and spectacular lectures. The students are getting inspired after hearing the words of wisdom from some very eminent personalities. The lecture series are held in memory of some the greatest Indians and also those in relation with this University.
- Comp Labs